““Once in a lifetime experience””

The Sleigh Ride Dinner at Lone Mountain Ranch
Ranked #19 of 66 Restaurants in Big Sky
Price range: US$99 - US$119
Cuisines: American, Gastropub
Dining options: Reservations
Description: BIG SKY'S ORIGINAL SLEIGH RIDE Dinner For over 35 years the Lone Mountain Ranch Sleigh Ride dinner has been a cherished tradition. Guests are transported on horse drawn sleighs under star light skies to the North Fork cabin. A very special prime rib dinner is served family-style in a room illuminated by oil lanterns and rounded out by the tunes of a cowboy musician. A festive atmosphere is fueled by the warmth of a 100 year old railroad cook stove and the close camaraderie of the dinner guests. Family Style Dinner Menu Home baked breads ~ winter root vegetable chowder ~ roasted prime rib & au jus ~ cauliflower florets topped with fresh herbs ~ baby red potatoes with garlic and smoked paprika ~ Chef’s warm chocolate cake, chocolate sauce and cream ~ Menu varies with seasonal produce and Chef's inspiration
Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

The sleigh ride dinner is a bit of a gimmick. It’s Overpriced and the food is mediocre. Been there, done it, won’t do it again.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I have done the sleigh ride dinner 3 times over the past 4 years. FIrst, the good stuff. Bruce Anfinson makes the whole thing. This cowboy warbler sings a mean cowboy song that he has composed himself. We have purchased his discs in the past. His entertainment during the meal is unforgettable. My 16 yo daughter was really moved and I don't get that much from my teen agers in the emotion department. I just wish the staff in the kitchen would have been quiet during his performance. The patrons were very respectful, just can't say the same for the staff who could be easier heard over the soft parts of Bruce's performance. The sleigh ride is equally memorable. So quiet and peaceful even with the cold. It was a great father/daughter bonding experience to snuggle up under the blankets.

Unfortunately, as I've seen in other reviews the food has definitely taken a turn downhill. For $140 I guess I expected more and the first two times I don't remember being disappointed. The vegetables were soggy, the potatoes bland, the prime rib overcooked, and the huckleberry/apple crisp was mostly undercooked apples and balls of floury dough. I also recall that in the past it was all you could eat, but there was no offer of seconds on the prime rib, though I wouldn't have been interested anyways.

So the experience was worth it because of Bruce and my daughter. I think that it is my last trip on the Lone Mountain sleigh ride.

Ryan K, General Manager at The Sleigh Ride Dinner at Lone Mountain Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time out to review our Sleigh Ride Dinner. I apologize for how you feel toward your last experience. A sub-par meal is not and never has been part of our program, and we will be addressing your comments internally. I would however love for you to reach out to me directly as so we can talk about your dinner for I would love the opportunity to regain your business. I hope this message finds you well and I look forward to hearing from you.

rkunz@lonemountainranch.com

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

The sleigh ride and log cabin ambiance were sublime.
We had two in our party of 8 that are dairy and gluten free, and when I reserved they said they could accommodate with substitutions. The dinner was all the same! And when asked, the hostess, Kelsey, was very rude stating they couldn’t provide for “everyone’s food restrictions “.
The food was delicious.
Entire event very expensive.

1  Thank Snaglan
Ryan K, General Manager at The Sleigh Ride Dinner at Lone Mountain Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Hello!

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. We apologize for not accommodating your entire party with their specific dietary restrictions. We absolutely can adjust our meal program to anyone's dietary needs. I will speak to my staff about this but I thank you for bringing this to my attention. I would love to host you another time on our sleigh ride, so if you are visiting Big Sky again next winter, please reach out.
Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Lone Mountain Ranch.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

Your sleigh ride begins at about 7 pm by you being assigned to a sleigh and driver. You meet the beautiful draft horses that will pull you up the hill to dinner, then settle back with two or three other couples plus two or three more sleighs to begin the ride in the dark. The drivers will stop the horses three times to give them a break and finally you'll end up at a remote dining lodge where you'll be greeted with a shot of Montana whiskey!

Prime rib is on the menu and cowboy music is being played by cowboy Bill. Just a note, you'll have to buy your wine/beer in the saloon BEFORE heading out but the staff will bring it up to the lodge of you. DO NOT MISS THIS!!

Ryan K, General Manager at The Sleigh Ride Dinner at Lone Mountain Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Hi There,

Thank you very much for your 5 star reveiw! We take great pride in our Sleigh Ride Dinner and love to share the experience with our guests. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you next winter!

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Our evening started at the saloon with Kyle and Steve who made great cocktails! Then it was off to get on the sleighs for a short ride through the woods. We then had a prime rib dinner. They also had a musician who was fantastic during the evening. A wonderful way to spend our last night before heading home.

Hello!

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. Our staff members take their roles in our industry very seriously and try, every day, to provide that quality customer service, that our guests expect.