“Sleigh ride and Dinner”

The Sleigh Ride Dinner at Lone Mountain Ranch
Reserve with OpenTable
The Sleigh Ride Dinner at Lone Mountain Ranch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 67 Restaurants in Big Sky
Price range: US$99 - US$119
Cuisines: American, Gastropub
Dining options: Reservations
Description: BIG SKY'S ORIGINAL SLEIGH RIDE Dinner For over 35 years the Lone Mountain Ranch Sleigh Ride dinner has been a cherished tradition. Guests are transported on horse drawn sleighs under star light skies to the North Fork cabin. A very special prime rib dinner is served family-style in a room illuminated by oil lanterns and rounded out by the tunes of a cowboy musician. A festive atmosphere is fueled by the warmth of a 100 year old railroad cook stove and the close camaraderie of the dinner guests. Family Style Dinner Menu Home baked breads ~ winter root vegetable chowder ~ roasted prime rib & au jus ~ cauliflower florets topped with fresh herbs ~ baby red potatoes with garlic and smoked paprika ~ Chef’s warm chocolate cake, chocolate sauce and cream ~ Menu varies with seasonal produce and Chef's inspiration
Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

I am a little torn on this trip. The sleigh ride was awesome, and the whole dinner in in cabin was great! Had great entertainment and we love the family style eating so you meet new people! We were just a little disappointed in the meal itself and the cabin. The prime rib was raw, I like rare steaks, but this was dang near raw. I understand how difficult it is to cook a good prime rib on a wood stove, that's why 4 stars and not 2. The room was in dire need of upgrades. Burn marks on the carpet from the use of the wood stove, the bed was not comfortable, and neither my wife nor I would use the shower. The shower had mold spots and the room was just run down, not rustic, run down. For the price charged, I hope they do some remodel upgrades soon. We had done the sleigh ride and dinner 9 years before and loved it! That time we didn't stay overnight because we lived close. This time we took friends because we had such a good time before, but it was just okay. I am holding out hope for improvements because I would like to take my grandkids sometime, but we will see, that is why the 4 stars.

Date of visit: January 2017
2  Thank Montana_Ed

Reviewed 19 March 2017

Our family (couple and two adult children) took the Sleigh Ride Dinner at Lone Mountain Ranch. We loved the atmosphere! Our sleigh driver turned out to be the entertainment as well, singing wonderful, old cowboy songs with cowboy stories and history to go along with them. The food was wonderful...so much so that we were all stuffed when we left. I don't remember the last time I couldn't finish my dessert! This is not cheap, but the value is definitely there. If you're looking for something special, this is it.

Reviewed 15 March 2017

My husband and I took our 12 year old kids on this adventure. We got there early and went to the saloon. We enjoyed a glass of wine and ordered a bottle to have served to us at the dinner. Not a lot of snow but enough for the sleighs to get up the hill. The kids enjoyed meeting other children and the family style atmosphere at the restaurant. The prime rib was good and both my kids were impressed with the outhouse! The entertainment was nice. Not sure I would spend the money to do this as a couple, but with kids it's a winner!

Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

Although we were uncertain about how "kitschy" this event could be, we were gladly and thoroughly entertained. The good was great. The experience is casual, warm, nice, and fun. If You're a vegetarian, let them know in advance for a veggie dinner

Reviewed 6 March 2017

If you are interested in experiencing an authentic sleigh ride dinner, look no further than LMR! It was a very special evening - one I will never forget!

Date of visit: February 2017