“I don't like country music, but I LOVE cowboys!”

The Sleigh Ride Dinner at Lone Mountain Ranch
Ranked #20 of 66 Restaurants in Big Sky
Price range: US$99 - US$119
Cuisines: American, Gastropub
Dining options: Reservations
Description: BIG SKY'S ORIGINAL SLEIGH RIDE Dinner For over 35 years the Lone Mountain Ranch Sleigh Ride dinner has been a cherished tradition. Guests are transported on horse drawn sleighs under star light skies to the North Fork cabin. A very special prime rib dinner is served family-style in a room illuminated by oil lanterns and rounded out by the tunes of a cowboy musician. A festive atmosphere is fueled by the warmth of a 100 year old railroad cook stove and the close camaraderie of the dinner guests. Family Style Dinner Menu Home baked breads ~ winter root vegetable chowder ~ roasted prime rib & au jus ~ cauliflower florets topped with fresh herbs ~ baby red potatoes with garlic and smoked paprika ~ Chef’s warm chocolate cake, chocolate sauce and cream ~ Menu varies with seasonal produce and Chef's inspiration
Reviewed 19 March 2017

Our family (couple and two adult children) took the Sleigh Ride Dinner at Lone Mountain Ranch. We loved the atmosphere! Our sleigh driver turned out to be the entertainment as well, singing wonderful, old cowboy songs with cowboy stories and history to go along with them. The food was wonderful...so much so that we were all stuffed when we left. I don't remember the last time I couldn't finish my dessert! This is not cheap, but the value is definitely there. If you're looking for something special, this is it.

Reviewed 15 March 2017

My husband and I took our 12 year old kids on this adventure. We got there early and went to the saloon. We enjoyed a glass of wine and ordered a bottle to have served to us at the dinner. Not a lot of snow but enough for the sleighs to get up the hill. The kids enjoyed meeting other children and the family style atmosphere at the restaurant. The prime rib was good and both my kids were impressed with the outhouse! The entertainment was nice. Not sure I would spend the money to do this as a couple, but with kids it's a winner!

Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

Although we were uncertain about how "kitschy" this event could be, we were gladly and thoroughly entertained. The good was great. The experience is casual, warm, nice, and fun. If You're a vegetarian, let them know in advance for a veggie dinner

Reviewed 6 March 2017

If you are interested in experiencing an authentic sleigh ride dinner, look no further than LMR! It was a very special evening - one I will never forget!

Reviewed 27 February 2017

My husband & I had a Great time on the sleigh ride/ dinner to the top of the hill. The prime rib is so good. This is the 2nd time we have gone & I go again in a heartbeat. You are pulled up the mountain by horses. Once at the cabin you get to dine by candle light just like they did 100 years ago. The meal is so good. While eating you get to listen to live cowboy music. The staff is so friendly.

1  Thank RJohnson1975
Paul R, Manager at The Sleigh Ride Dinner at Lone Mountain Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2017

Hello RHJohnson1975,
Thank you for joining in the magic that is our sleigh ride dinner. We would be happy to have you back as well in a heart beat, any time.
The Lone Mountain Ranch Team