“Great Local Restaurant”

Cowan's Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 84 Restaurants in Washington
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 11 September 2017

I recently had dinner here with my family (four adults and four children). The food was very good. my chicken was a little salty, but very good. My brother-in-law had the burger. It looked delicious, and it appeared to be hand pressed (not pre-made patties). I'd go back to try a burger. There were so many pie selections. I was full, but I'd like to go back to try a slice.

The server was wonderful. She had a great attitude. You can tell a lot of locals come in, but they don't only show kindness to the regulars. I suggest anyone come here. Perfect for families with children or date night.

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped in when wandering the streets of old Washington in Sunday. Couple of bars were open, but a beer wasn't going to fill our needs this late afternoon.
When we arrived a couple of patrons were having copious meals with fried Chicken and fixings. Must have been good as they were all eating and not talking much!
From the chalk board listing a dozen pies we selected a cherry crumble and strawberry rhubarb. Both were exactly on target!
I ordered an iced coffee that was not on the menu and not available. I made due with a self concocted coffee over ice that fully met my needs that day.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Love going to Cowans when we are in town. Everything they make is homemade and delicious. My favorite this trip was the homemade vegetable beef soup- tasted just like grandma used to make. Also, try a piece of homemade pie when you are there - you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 30 July 2017

Visited Cowans restaurant while recently in Washington, Mo. Atmosphere was great, reminiscent of dining establishments years ago. There were many food choices. Our food was good, and served hot. Our waitress was very friendly and attentive. Of course as stated in previous reviews save room for some home-made pie! Would go back again.

Reviewed 22 July 2017

Hometown feel, clean and great service. I've ate here 3 times so far.. food was excellent each time. The mile high coconut cream pie is divine! Lots of other pies to choose from too.