“LOVE this place! Wish we had one in Chicago. Seriously amazing donuts.”
Review of Donut Palace

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Donut Palace
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Washington
Reviewed 16 September 2017

Please stop by this yummy donut shop. I still can't believe how great the donuts were! The blueberry cake donuts slay the ones I get at Dunkin Donuts, and the simple glazed donuts really do rival Krispy Kreme. The apple fritters - also ridiculously good. The donuts are so fresh and the prices are great. I went back three times in three days during my visit to Washington! The employees are warm and friendly, and the place was super clean. The owner, Ping (so sorry if I got that wrong - I'll correct my review if I learn I've mispelled his name!) even offered to bake extra of my favorite donut for me so that I could box some up and bring them home with me on my way out of town. I'll be back in the area again this Fall, and I will be sure to pick up another dozen. Seriously, the donuts are that good, guys.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

I travel through the Washington area every few months and always look forward to visiting the Donut Palace while in town. Even though there is a very friendly staff and a very clean facility that is overshadowed by the donuts. They seem to always have a great selection to choose from and all the ones I have tried are great. They also have breakfast sandwiches which are good and the coffee is excellent. The king of the Donut Palace, however, is the Apple Fritter - the best donut anywhere. It has a nice crisp texture in the outer crust with a generous coating of glaze and a softer inner dough laced with small chunks of apple. Many times fritters are still warm from the cooking. Well worth the trip. Thank goodness they do post calorie count.

Reviewed 15 May 2016

This doughnut shop has been in Washington for nearly a year and yet we didn't discover it until this weekend.
We have never been in any restaurant that is as clean as this! It literally gleams!
We received a very nice welcome when we arrived and were impressed by the selection. As we chose our doughnuts, it was announced that hot fresh glazed doughnuts were available. YUM!
Everything we tried was great, but the apple fritters which is what we had been advised to try, were really leaps and bounds above any apple fritter we have tried in the past.
It doesn't end there, the coffee was ambrosia. I don't even like coffee and I liked this coffee!
They also serve pigs in a blanket and biscuits and gravy - which we will return to try another day.
We're not really doughnut people................however we could easily convert with this destination.

1  Thank SharingDetails