“Best Shrimp and Catfish at the Lake!”
Review of Shrimp Daddys

Shrimp Daddys
Reviewed 19 July 2017

Don't judge a restaurant by its cover because you will miss it! Pink, looks trailerish but go inside and have the best food at the lake. I get their coconut shrimp with chili sauce, voodoo salad and gator teeth! My granddaughter gets the catfish strips and homemade chips. Everything is hot, fresh and excellent. Nothing smells or is fishy!

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

The local owners of this restaurant travel regularly to New Orleans, and have brought the authentic New Orleans taste to the Ozarks! Meals are moderately priced, exceptionally and consistently good Cajun fare! My favorites are the voodoo Salad, fried catfish with homemade chips! Great appetizers include Sea Hawks (shrimp wrapped in bacon with horseradish sauce) and poppers.
The waitstaff is attentive and personable, and the atmosphere is "ozarks casual." A full bar is available, including New Orleans specialties.

1  Thank jimattheozarks
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Had the app sampler and loved
it. Great quality and unique- not the same old fried cheese or artichoke dip you get everywhere. Good cocktails and cold beer. Filled up fast after we got there (was pretty empty at first so I was skeptical). This is my new fave on this vacation.

Reviewed 2 July 2017

It's no secret. I'm a foodie, and I love places like this: Ma & Pa restaurants that serve home-cooked food.

I really wanted to try the crawdad cakes, but they were out. Something to try next time.

I ordered the fried shrimp with the house-made potato chips.

The Voodoo salad that came with it was quite good. The house-made dressing was sweet and there was plenty of it (which is how I like it). I think it also had a little shaved red onion, pimentos and provel cheese on it.

My entree was great. The shrimp were big and the horseradish had some kick, and the potato chips were crunchy and seasoned.

My wife ordered the fried catfish, but was brought fried shrimp. The waitress apologized profusely, but my wife assured her she was fine with the shrimp.

They brought us a bite of gooey butter cake at the end. Yum.

We met the owner, Dean. Good dude. Very matter-of-fact and down-to-earth.

My stepfather told me Dean goes to Louisiana every month with a refrigerated truck to buy food. Sounds legit to me.

Let's face it, the Lake of the Ozarks is filled with awful restaurants like Applebee's, but there are some gems out there. Shrimp Daddys is one of them.

The food is kinda pricey, but it's worth it, and you get what you pay for. I'm looking forward to going back.

1  Thank Eric W
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

We visited Shrimp Daddies today with family. My husband had read great reviews on wanted to check it out. I ordered catfish but accidentally brought shrimp. I was fine with it - I like both - and was not disappointed. Huge fried shrimp!! So good! I also had gator teeth that were fantastic and can't wait to have another voodoo salad. That I would actually consider getting as my main dish. At the end of our meal we were brought a sample of their gooey butter cake (pictured). It was amazing also!
All in all it was a fantastic meal. Look forward to returning!