“Rainy evening out, delicious meal”
Review of El Tapatio

El Tapatio
Ranked #4 of 104 Restaurants in Sedalia
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed an evening meal at El Tapatio's in Sedalia, Missouri. It was raining like a monsoon and we pulled in to let the storm pass. The chips/salsa were very fresh and we were waited on immediately. Our waiter was very friendly and attentive during our meal. My husband ordered The Birria, which is made up of slow roasted beef and lamb and is advertised as an authentic Mexican dish, it was delicious! He doesn't try anything out of the usual but was glad he did. I had the Mexicali Chicken and it was very tasty, would also highly recommend. I topped my meal off with a frozen strawberry margarita. It came in a delightful stone jar. Will definitely be a returning customer when we are in the area.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

El Tapatio has been one of my favorite restaurants in town for many years, from their humble beginnings on the little shop on Broadway to the newer location on South Limit. They have maintained their style and appeal.

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Love this place. Eat here whenever I'm in town. Margaritas are awesome. Chips and salsa are to die for and the food is cheap and delicious. Keep up the good work!!

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

We ate at the location on Limit Street---nothing pops up on Trip so assuming this is a second lication? Service gets a 9/10...seated right away. Chips and salsa about 10 seconds after we sat down followed by menus. Had cold beverages with about 2 minutes. Might give them a 10 on service but we felt a little rushed to make a choice for dinner.... food came out pretty quickly too.
Food was just okay. Maybe 6/10. No zest to the salsa. Shrimp tacos....just shrimp in tortillas. Some guacamole on the plate with beans, rice and pico. Finally found lettuce buried under the guac. All tasty but no real flavor. Hubby has tamale/relleno/enchillada plate. Tamale was too much polenta and a bit heavy. All okay. Just nothing outstanding.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

I can easily drive to KC, but I have many friends in Warrensburg. I will drive there to meet them for lunch, and then we will end up going to El Tapatio.

I'm on a mission to find a taco (street taco) that is similar to the authentic ones you can find along Southwest Blvd. in KC. This place comes pretty close (though not as cheap).

I also love their salsa! The rice and beans are the usual.

As a plus, a lady was selling tres leches cakes and we bought one for a good price. It was delicious with coffee.

Been to El Tapatio? Share your experiences!