“Great little donut shop!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Papa Jake's Donut Shop
Ranked #32 of 104 Restaurants in Sedalia
Reviewed 12 September 2017

We are from out of town, but have family living in Sedalia. We have little ones so we are always up early and HAVE to go to Papa Jake's for donuts! The are so fresh and it is such a treat for us when we are here. I can't pick just one favorite! Plus they are always so friendly!!

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

I luckily live within a few blocks of Papa Jakes and walking there on Saturday mornings has become a welcome treat. The smells start to make your mouth water before walking in the door. First class traditional pastries, good service. Parking is tight, recommend parking on the west side of Park Ave. A must see in Sedalia.

Reviewed 24 July 2016

Papa Jake's has always a special occasion place when I was a kid, so when I was back in town, I made sure to go by. The selection is good, but of course, it's better the earlier that you are there. Prices are *very* good. My favorite is the apple fritter or bear claw. My husband loved the cake donuts with coconut. The coffee isn't great, but it's strong.

Reviewed 15 January 2016 via mobile

So the first time I had Papa Jakes, late last summer, it was to die for! Then twice in November we went, and what a disappointment!! They all tasted like they were freezer burnt or stale or something. I'm afraid to go back!

Reviewed 14 October 2015

Well, there isn't much of a choice when it comes to donuts in Sedalia, but you won't go wrong at Papa Jake's. I would recommend, however, that you get there early. The 'favorites' go fast. Our house loves the marshmallow or boston creme filled and chocolate iced long johns.