“Get there early for the tamales”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Taqueria Y Panaderia Morelos
Ranked #22 of 104 Restaurants in Sedalia
Reviewed 28 December 2016

Get there early for the tamales because when they run out for the day, that's it. Tamales have to cook overnight to impart the corn husk flavor into the cornmeal. Folks, this is real Mexican. There are a few little (I think formica) tables where you can eat in, but most out-of-towners are in Sedalia for goings on at the Fairgrounds. I am a non-Hispanic White guy who discovered *real* Mexican food twenty-some years ago, and fell in love. I even still like Americanized Mexican food, but first rate taqueria food is a joy, and Morelos was so good that I returned to the fairgrounds (I was there for the MO Democratic Convention), and told a few other folks about the amazing tamales. When I went to buy more several hours later, I saw one of those persons I told buy the last of the day's tamales. I left with several tacos.