“Decent Service, Poor Food”

Colton's Steak House & Grill
Ranked #2 of 70 Restaurants in Saint Robert
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 September 2017

My wife and I ate there last night, and while we have eaten at various Colton's over the years, this was by far the worst experience we have had. I ordered the Steak Tips cooked Med-Rare. They came out Med-Well to Well done. Oh well, I can eat that, just not much flavor.

The problem was my wife's Chopped Steak (basically a hamburger without a bun.) Because it is hamburger, she ordered it Med-Well. The first time it came out she cut into it and it was literally raw inside, not rare, but raw. We let the waitress know and she took it back and asked them to throw it on the grill again. When she returned with it, my wife cut into another section and it was still rare (bright red), not safe to eat for hamburger. Again...we let the waitress know, my wife cut it into strips so maybe they could get it cooked this time. When the waitress returned with it for the 3rd time, when my wife cut into the strips, they were still pink. We gave up and she basically ate bread and a potato.

The waitress did say the manager took the cost of her meal off the ticket, which they should have but that doesn't address the problem of eating supper...but oh well.

The waitress appeared to be new and while she was very friendly and tried to accommodate us, she didn't really seem to know what to do in this situation, but she did try and we tipped her well for her efforts, she isn't the cook.

Hopefully we had a new cook and not someone that has been doing it for a few years, I mean a hamburger patty is probably the easiest thing to cook at a steak place. Also, hopefully the cook will get better at what they do or find something new to do.

I am sure we will try them again, and if better I will post that, but last night was a total failure.

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Service was good but food average. About what you would expect from a chain steakhouse. Salad was basic as were steak and potato options.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Went here for my grandaughters graduation from basic. Food and service were good. We went early to avoid the rush. The rolls were amazing.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

The friendly atmosphere is the beginning of a great experience. Our waitress was very friendly and our order took no time. Beef plates are good, nachos are loaded and burgers taste yummy.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

My Grandson was graduating from Army AIT MP unit. We drove to MO from NC to see him complete his training.I promised him the biggest Best steak Ft.Leonard Wood had to offer. Upon research I found that Colton's had an 18oz Porterhouse. So the entire family rent to Colton's Steak House & Grill. There were 7 of us total.The price were comprable to other restaurnts but the selection was great. Connor got the 18oz. porterhouse and we cgise what we wanted. His steak was $45.00 which is comprable to Outback's 20 oz porterhouse.Their fish chipsss,beef tips,pork chops and ground steak was all excellent. i would recommend this restaurant to all that visit Ft. Leonard Wood, Mo. In addition to the excellent food, the service was outstanding/