Lowest prices for your stay
US$163
Free cancellation until 08/08/21
US$163
Free cancellation until 08/08/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
ZenHotels.com
US$168
US$140
HolidayInn.comUS$163
PricelineUS$163
Trip.comUS$168
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 March 2021

The only plus was the staff was nice. The hotel was run down looking (not sure when the multi million dollar renovation it boasts of was done) and smelled. The lobby had an odd odor, the elevator smelled like somebody was sprayed by a skunk. The third floor hallway reeked of pot smoke. Our reservation was made for three adults, yet the room had one double bed (it did not even seem to be queen size). There was a chair in the room but not big enough to sleep on and it smelled of cigarette smoke. The room smelled heavily of not only strong cigarette smoke, but a sickening sweet air freshener they tried to cover up the smoke smell. It caused my allergies to act up. They were sold out so we could not get another room but it was 11 p.m. when we arrived and the few other hotels I called were all sold out. We did arrive late but our room was prepaid for and I called to alert them of late arrival so our room with the proper size beds should have been held for us. The room appeared clean at first glance but several things became apparent during our stay that made me question how well it really had been cleaned such as the toilet paper roll was empty, there was no spare roll in the room, there was used Kleenex in the night stand drawers, the remote was found on the floor. There was no washcloths in the room and I asked housekeeping two different times for some and both times they said they did not have any.

Room tip: If the rate is more than $70 stay elsewhere that is all this place is worth.
Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed 13 March 2021 via mobile

No breakfast at all ( holiday inn franchise s owner)
Good location.
Parking situation is good.
This is the only holidays inn without breakfast ( even with corona some of them offer grab and go breakfast go)

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn St Louis - Forest Park, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2021

Hello Juan Enrique G,

I'm glad you provided a review. Thanks for choosing to stay with us at our Holiday Inn Forest Park.

We always wanted our guests to have a delightful stay, no matter what the purpose of the travel is. While I'm glad about your positive rating on our locations and parking, I'm sorry to learn that your experience turned sour due to your disappointment with breakfast. I went ahead and shared your thoughts with the team so that necessary actions can be taken to promote improvement. Unlike the Holiday Inn Express brand, breakfast may be added at a minimal fee. I'd recommend you take advantage of our bed and breakfast rates good for up to two adults per room on your future stays. Just ask for availability when making your reservation.

We look forward to hosting you again for a chance to provide you with a much better experience.

Cheers,

June A.

Reviewed 9 November 2020 via mobile

So I checked in the Holiday inn and checked in and Matthew was very nice ! I got my room keys to 606 and after walking into the room it looked like no body has stayed in her in months very dusty and I have bad allergies so it wasn’t good ! The hotel definitely shows its age but the highway is not good for light sleepers at all I maybe slepted 4 hours . I went out durning the day and shut the door by it’s like the lock is broke and you have to mess with it to make sure it is closed . I get it the hotel is old but it really isn’t well maintained at all . Unless they give me a free night stay again or my money back I don’t think I’m coming back here again :(

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn St Louis - Forest Park, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2020

Hi coreyr52,

Thank you for your stay and patronage. Our hotel is a place that every member can enjoy and relax in.

I read your comments, and I am sorry that our installations were not to the quality standards that you are accustomed to. I understand your disappointment and assure you that your concerns were dealt with by our managing team. I sent you a private message so we can discuss more in detail about your stay.
I invited you to come and created some with us on your next travel.

Warm regards,

Oscar C.

Reviewed 19 June 2020 via mobile

I was already a little hesitant due to arriving at the location....waited about 15 minutes after 6:30pm to check me & my 6 yr old in (was told my room wasn’t ready so I took a room change)....I used some of my IHG member points for (2) nights. Get to the room & the ADJOINING room (which my profile clearly states I do not like those, being close to ice makers or elevators) next to me was having a loud party. The lamps and large mirror were all crooked, the room was dirty and outdated; it is in serious need of some major updates. The bathroom was dirty and small (old ceramic tub, tiles flooring, etc. I didn’t have time to even take pictures because I was simply ready to get my child and myself out of there...the property looks abandoned and gives an eerie feeling like you’re in a stereotypical, old insane asylum from a horror movie...I never even put down our bags. (Heck, even the elevator feels like it’s on its last leg. Went to the desk to check out and all the front desk clerk could say was he was sorry for that and it would be up to IHG to refund my points....it was so bad that I ended up at the Hilton Garden Inn in O’Fallon, MO which was great and although about 25 miles from the zoo, it wasn’t a bad commute at all. (I’m a Hilton Honors member & they too offered a really good military discount for veterans—but wanted to stay closer to the zoo, but not downtown with my small child). I wouldn’t recommend this property to ANYONE! It doesn’t feel safe, it doesn’t feel comfortable, between maintenance and housekeeping, and aesthetics—this property is the equivalence to a “rundown motel“ to me. Shoot, I’ve even stayed in wayyy better motels in my younger days than this property.

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn St Louis - Forest Park, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2020

Hi 35revan,

I'm glad to have welcomed you at our Holiday Inn Forest Park and for taking the time to leave an honest review.

We promise a combined sense of comfort and happiness with touches of real wonder and delight for our guests, and I'm sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations. I'm sorry the cleanliness of our hotel did not meet your expectations. I regard your feedback regarding the hotel's condition being dated. This is not a reflection of what we aim to deliver. IHG sincerely cares about your stay and be assured that your thoughts will not go unnoticed. I have shared your comments with local management, trust that they will take the necessary steps to improve our service.

We value you as one of our IHG Rewards Club members and I hope this won't stop you from choosing us on your future stays.

Cheers,

June A.

Reviewed 12 November 2019

The staff was friendly and helpful. The food at the restaurant was mediocre. And the property is in poor shape. The sliding door in our room didn't close and had a gap of nearly an inch. I would chose another Holiday Inn property instead of this one.

Date of stay: November 2019
1  Thank KLM10540
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn St Louis - Forest Park, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2019

Hello KLM10540,

I appreciate your feedback about your hotel experience at our Holiday Inn St Louis - Forest Park. I am so glad to learn you chose our hotel for your recent trip and rated high for the value and service received.

I am sorry you found the food at the restaurant and the condition of the hotel a letdown. I have forwarded your comments to the management of the hotel for review and improvements made.

We hope the next time we host you, the circumstances are better.

Regards,