“Visited the YiroGyro location in Ballwin on Manchester Road”
Review of YiroGyro

YiroGyro
Ranked #808 of 2,980 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Reviewed 5 March 2017

This was our first visit to YiroGyro in Ballwin. We will definitely be back! We went on a Saturday right around noon and the place was packed. Mostly families with kids - lots of kids - but we were able to get a table after ordering our lunch. Seeing as how this was our first time, I went for the traditional gyro. Hubby tried the falafel pita sandwich. Both were excellent. The gyro brought back warm memories of living in Greece back in the late 70's (yes, I'm showing my age). The sandwich was very large, and while I didn't think I'd be able to finish the whole thing, I managed it quite easily. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed 6 February 2017 via mobile

Let me start by saying I really wanted to like this place. I walked in and specifically said, if this is any good, I will be in some trouble. I said this because I am new to working downtown and I love a good Greek chicken salad. If it was good I would be tempted to come back every day. I was disappointed. Everything was fresh but it didn't have the flavor profile I was looking for. The chicken and Tzatziki just weren't tasty. The person I was with got the chicken with the pita option and we both agreed there was no reason to go back. Was really hoping to find a tasty lunch spot.

Reviewed 14 August 2016

I love this family run establishment. The restaurant is new and well decorated. I especially like the black and white pictures of the family that owns it on the wall. It operates on a very similar system to a Chipotle. You go in and order down a counter line where you can customize your meal. First choose your base: saffron rice, pita, or salad greens. Then you choose your protein: chicken, lamb kebab, or falafel. Then you choose toppings: onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, feta cheese, pickled tomatoes, lettuce, etc. Then you choose your sauce: there are about 4-5 to choose from (I like the Sriracha ranch the most). A meal will typically set you back about $7-8 without a drink. Everything is delicious but the portions are very generous here. I am a big eater and I typically don't finish my meal. I sometimes eat only half of the portion, feel full, and save the other half for dinner. This is easily one of my favorite places downtown to get a quick lunch. Treat yourself.

Reviewed 6 April 2016 via mobile

I went here for lunch and had the Gryo with everything. Chick peas, and olives added to my Gryo was good and filling. They had other items that I will have to go back and try. I would recommend this spot for a meal.

Reviewed 29 March 2016

This was a great place to eat lunch. Customized salads and sandwiches. I had falafel on salad, which was delicious. Great sauces. Restaurant is also close to the Arch and City Park.