“Delightful Food, Setting and Service”
Review of I Fratellini

I Fratellini
Ranked #227 of 3,093 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 August 2017

We went here late and was impressed that there was still a crowd.The setting is very nice, and the evening we were there, they had the full length doors open at the end of the restaurant. We had a nice bottle of italian blend, and the wine list is very reasonable. The prosciutto wrapped endive with cheese is a must do, as are the mussels for an ap. For the main dish we had the tagliatelle with mushrooms, and the halibut. Both excellent. the service was excellent (shout out to Jess for splitting the dishes without being asked). I will go here again.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Went for a business lunch, service was great, the atmosphere was nice and comfortable however my meal was average at best. I had the Porcini Ravioli and it was just really disappointing. The sauce was extremely liquidy there was no solidity to it what so ever. The Ravioli was over cooked and mushy and the filling lacked taste. Perhaps I ordered the wrong item or had a bad order or maybe I am overly critical. Food matters and mine was average, especially for the price.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

You can always count on I Fratellini. Consistent quality and service. Oll of our party of fours dinner were prepared excellently and service was friendly, not over the top but good attention.

Prices are a little high but the place isn't that large and I guess thats what they need.

It can get a little noisy because of the space, but we were able to have good conversations.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

We tried Fratelli's for the first time last week because it was highly recommended. We usually eat dinner on The Hill, but this visit was worth it. It is a small storefront in Clayton, Missouri, not very large, so make a reservation. The décor is tasteful and dignified. And bring your credit card; the menu is pricey but excellent. Dress well and respectfully; this is not a tank top and flip flops sort of place. You get what you pay for here. The recommendation proved to be absolutely correct.

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

I love it when chefs take a simple dish and elevate it to a world-class level.
We were celebrating our 44th anniversary and wanted something very special - so we ordered the spaghetti.
I Fratellini's spaghetti comes with two lobster tails on top and big chunks within. (The chef added more pieces because our waiter told him it was a special anniversary.) My wife said it was one of the best meals she's ever had. I had the same thing and we had enough left over for lunch the next day.
I Fratellini is one of our favorite "go to" places for celebrations. Very romantic, intimate, with great food, attentive service and reasonable prices. We vowed to not wait for another special occasion to re-visit, because being there is a celebration in itself!