“"Local coffee house"”

La Mancha Coffeehouse
Ranked #26 of 71 Coffee & Tea in Saint Louis
Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

Stopped by here for the free coffee, included in the house tour package, and came back for lunch. Super cute coffee house with an easy going attitude. Seating both inside and out, and a clean bathroom. The veggie sandwich with hummus was fresh and flavorful. Mom liked the black bean soup and half veggie sandwich. Free refills on large iced tea, and you can help yourself to free iced water. Lots of breakfast as well as lunch choices along with muffins and pastries make this a stop worth while.

Date of visit: May 2017
1  Thank Dana B

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

We ate a quick lunch of homemade soups and sandwiches topped with a cookie. Food was great, freshly made and very reasonably priced. The homemade soups are especially good- although thinking about it, the empanadillas were also very good. This is a place we will go back.

Date of visit: March 2017
1  Thank Maudlinberry
Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

We were waiting in line at Crown Candy and I walked over to grab a hot coffee. It's a very cute shop. Homemade food and a great variety of coffee drink options. It's very cozy, if I lived in the city I would curl up there for hours and enjoy my latte. The prices were a little high, my small was $5.

Date of visit: December 2016
1  Thank Ash F
Reviewed 24 August 2016

OK so while you are waiting in the line outside of another place. Look across the street-- you are probably thinking "I should try that place sometime." Problem is, you have probably thought that same thought the last time you waited two hours to eat at the other place. If you are reading this while you are in the line, take a chance, walk across the street for some good food in a relaxing atmosphere. I know one other reviewer found the staff wanting; however, I have found them to be great. It is a small, family run shop so you can feel good about supporting them. Additionally, when I was there I found out that the owner lets neighborhood kids go there to study. I dare you to be against that-- and if you are against that, please go eat in St. Charles. Back to the review at hand. The food is good, they have an array of specialty sodas, and they display local art work--what's not to love. Take a chance, you don't need to go to the same place all of the time. And when you are done, use some of the time you saved by not waiting in line to walk around the neighborhood. It is safe, historical, and very interesting.

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank Kyle B
Reviewed 5 August 2016 via mobile

Nice little shop. Clean quaint and small menu but nice flavors. Wish I would have tried their coffee. Nothing flashy, but very good. I would go again.

Date of visit: August 2016