All reviews union station happy hour pretzels potato chips free drinks secure parking sausage patties close to downtown drury inn city museum evening snacks indoor pool scottrade center yogurt fridge and microwave beds were comfortable hot tub
Reviewed 18 September 2018

Great hotel, especially when in town for a Cardinal baseball game. There is shuttle service from an adjoining restaurant which makes getting to the ball park easy. We had a giant family suite for our family, loved the breakfast and evening wine and snacks

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I along with another couple went to at Cardinal/ Dodgers ballgame. We chose Pear tree Inn to stay. The location was perfect. The hotel offered a shuttle to the ballpark for $2 a person . This was better than parking downtown. Happy Hour was fun, 3 free drinks of beer or a variety of wine. Along with snacks were available from 5:300-7:00. The free breakfast was very nice. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Our room was clean and quiet. There were restaurants within walking distance. But the restaurant in the hotel was very good also. A family owned restaurant. And our waitress was very nice and helpful. Would definitely recommend

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2018

We stayed here overnight while on our way to Indiana. The young man who checked us in was friendly, though his "check-in spiel" seemed quite rehearsed rather than genuine! The room was clean and comfortable. We were on the top floor with a great view of St. Louis. All of the room windows face north/south so the only Arch view is from the hallway window, which is actually a pretty good view! It's about a 1.5 mile walk to the Arch from the hotel. The walk is very scenic in downtown St. Louis, with some very historic buildings, parks, the stadium, and, of course, the Arch directly ahead the entire walk! We didn't get to take advantage of any of the "happy hour" soft drinks or snacks nor the hot breakfast. We really were in and out, but it was a comfortable overnight stay, and we'd stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2018

Hotel has a shuttle and will not take me to a concert I will attend tonight. The restaurant next door has a shuttle, but will take guests to the other concert tonight. I hope it rains and they get wet at the outdoor stadium concert tonight.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

I travel to StL at least once a month for work and I stay at Drury properties almost every time. My husband, son and I decided to spend the weekend in StL and I booked the Pear Tree based on my positive experience at other Drury properties. What a mistake. We stayed here over a holiday weekend when the Cardinals were in town. Is would suspect that this hotel is popular for families going to Cards games based on location, amenities and price.

Check in was at 3:00. We arrived at the hotel at 3:10 and there was a line clear out the door. You can’t park your car in the garage until you have checked in making the limited parking directly outside the hotel a complete disaster. The desk had 2 people working. One woman was having issues with her reservation, so really only one person to help everyone. Finally, a 2 more people show up. Check in took 40 minutes. We go up to our room on the 9th floor and our door is open. It is not ready. On our way to the room they 2 women from house keeping are chatting it up. We walk in the room and the housekeeper says “that room is not ready yet. I still need to vacuum. So the three of us stand in the hall for 15 minutes while she “cleans” the room.

We had a room with a king and sleeper sofa. When the sofa it extends all the way to the bed, you can’t walk around it. So who ever sleeps on that side of the bed has to crawl in from the bottom. Not the end of the world, but a pain.

We left for the night. When we came back we stopped at the desk to ask for a blanket for the sofa bed. They told me they were out...but we could have an extra set of sheets. I would have expect that they would have an extra blanket in the room with a sofa sleeper. I went to the car to get the blanket out of the car and we made due.

The next morning when I went to shower i realized there was no shower gel and no shampoo. I call the desk and they let me know housekeeping is just getting there, but they will try to find a managers to see they can get it filled.

Frustrated,we went down to breakfast. It was a zoo. The floor was sticky everywhere. There is no one wiping down tables.

We go back to our room and are pleasantly surprised to find that the shower gel and shampoo have been filled. We leave for 6 Flags do not get back until 9:15.

Hot and exhausted we are all looking forward to a shower... only to find that there are no towels in our room. I head the desk to towels, hoping they have some, because at this point I would not be surprised if they didn’t. We did get towels.

Finally, we are settled in for the night my son and husband are asleep. It is about 11:30 and I hear something. I am not sure what is and at first I think it is coming from the room next door. Finally, I get up and open the door to the room to find the strobe light for the fire alarm going off. I am certain if I had been asleep that none of us would have heard it. The next morning we talked to a couple families who didn’t hear a thing. I wake the boys up and we head to the steps, where we were stuck for 20 minutes just as we were about out of the stairwell we got the all clear. The alarm was pulled. Now there are at least 30 people lined up to get keys because in their hast to leave the room they forgot them. There are no staff members to be found.

The hotel and staff can not be held accountable for the fire alarm being pulled, but the lack of presence and direct during the alarm and following the all clear are concerning.

I have always enjoyed Drury hotels and I have I have always found the staff to be be helpful and kind, so the attitude of the staff at this hotel really surprised me. Housekeeping needs the most help. The hotel is not up to Drury standards.

Next time we will pay the extra money for a better Drury property.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank hollyg345
DruryHotels, General Manager at Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Near Union Station, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Thank you for your words. We will analyze your stay from beginning to end and use them as an educational tool for the entire staff. I apologize for any and all mishaps during your stay. We strive to make the guest experience the best it can me. Your words will be a valuable tool. Thank you again and Thank you for choosing the Drury Brand hotels.

Chris D.