“Good BBQ - Great Price!”

Honey Pit Smokehouse
Ranked #940 of 3,231 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Reviewed 9 July 2018

Spouse and I stopped there for a late dinner and found the food to be very tasty and reasonably priced. Definitely a go-to eatery for a quick and delicious meal.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Went to Honey Pit Smokehouse today for the first time, it was delicious! Had the smoked brisket with sides of broccoli and macro slaw, and it was delicious. They have a variety of sauces to try with your dish. My favorite was the mustard base. The staff was friendly and courteous. I will definitely be back!!!

P.S. They have a macro diet menu....not many places do...

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 5 April 2018

One of the worst meals out we have ever had (and we're not picky!). Cold brisket; overcooked and cold salmon (which we had to get at the counter after no one bothered to bring it to us and we had to eat it after we had finished our sides); mediocre sides at best, stickiest floor ever under our table as if soda had been spilled and not mopped up; and it was over $45 for three people! SO, SO bad. By the way, the salmon was not pink, but white! Must've either been frozen and microwaved or overcooked. It was bone-dry! Will not return. Not at all sure why it has received any good reviews at all.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank E6034CAtammys
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

I stopped here for lunch, BBQ was awesome and the sides were delicious. The best cornbread muffin I’ve had in STL! They have a soft-serve machine with twist ice cream! A must stop in Kirkwood!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 26 March 2018

St. Louis needs more BBQ places and this one is reminds me of the type of BBQ place you would find in the Ozarks. It is decorated as a southern-log cabin-feel and is nice and warm inside, from a cold day. I took my son for lunch there, this past Saturday, and I ordered him the 4 ribs, with side and drink for $10.99 and then ordered me a special of burnt ends, a side and drink for $12.99. The rub and taste on the meat is delicious. My son cleaned the meat to the bone and then ate his provel mac and cheese side and loved it. My son doesn't eat much of anything as any picky 10 year old would. The burnt ends were not served dry, like other BBQ places but served with a ladle of "au jus" from the meat. I picked the side of seasoned potatoes, which was made from red-skinned potatoes cooked with the meat, as it had grill marks and even a smokey flavor. The potatoes were spoon tender and delicious. I didn't have an issue knowing where to order, since there is a sign that says "go this way to order" and the prices were not too high either. We ended up taking the leftover burnt ends home for my other son to eat later that evening. One other thing to point out, is that one of the cooks, I'm guessing the owner or manager, was coming around to every table, asking if everything was okay. When I worked at a restaurant as a manager, we called that the "3 foot rule", where if you are within 3 feet of someone, say hi and greet them. I have actually never been in a BBQ restaurant yet, where someone of management would come around and greet you and ask how everything was.

Date of visit: March 2018