“Yummy!”

El Taco H
Ranked #35 of 222 Restaurants in Saint Joseph
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 11 April 2016

Went there for dinner today and I must admit I did pass it on Frederick Avenue but it just took a U turn to find it. Its right by the Speedy's gas station where the road turns to the right. I walked in and a nice woman took my order which was 3 beef tacos. I had never had authentic tacos. The food took a few minutes to make. I found myself getting some containers of pico de gallo and the red salsa. My food was ready and I must admit I've never been a real fan of corn tortillas, but you could tell they were homemade, the tacos come with cilantro and onion, plenty more in the containers if you wanted more. $1.50 per taco. The tacos are smaller than American but I loved sinking my teeth into something that was authentic and not American-Mexican

1  Thank Alexander R

Reviewed 4 March 2016 via mobile

Heard they had good food so I stopped to grab some lunch "on the go". I must say, the only down side was the place was small. I like smaller and quaint atmosphere, bit this was really small. This is NOT a ding on the establishment though, just an observation. Now, the food. I just got a few tacos and they were awesome! Smaller than some may be used to or expect, but they are what tacos should be. If you have been longing for some cultural diversity with the food choices in the area, this place is one for your " go to" list. Definitely one favorites list in this town!

2  Thank Seanny M
Reviewed 29 July 2015

This was not at all what we had expected. Very, very small inside and not very clean. We ordered the tacos, and they were "authentic" to the owners, but certainly not what we would consider. They were very small, round tortillas with a little spoonful of meat inside and cilantro. That's it. We were not impressed.

3  Thank Cindi K
Reviewed 24 June 2015 via mobile

Pollo (chicken) burrito had a freshly grilled tortilla, tasty chunks of white meat chicken, a generous amount of grated mozzarella, a light amount of beans, and Spanish rice. Very courteous and sweet young woman took my order. After this trial, I won't hesitate to order carry out for the entire family.

2  Thank Stephanie F
Reviewed 23 June 2015 via mobile

This is a fabulous place to eat. It is family owned and operated and one of the cleanest restaurants I have ever been in. The food is amazing and the portions are generous. The tacos are authentic street style with lots of options to choose from. The daily specials are amazing especially the Pollo Milanesa! Love to see it on the menu! The rice and beans are second to none also. They make their owns salsas and sauces and provide fresh lime wedges for your use as well. They have a small dining room so be prepared to stand outside or take it with you but it is definitely worth it. Do not let the location dissuade you from trying it. You will not be disappointed.

3  Thank melvis033