“Great food and unique atmosphere ”
Review of Bad Art Bistro

Bad Art Bistro
Ranked #18 of 222 Restaurants in Saint Joseph
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

I've been here many times and I've never had a bad experience. I always love their salmon.

Last night I had the salmon and the skin was crispy. I'm not usually a fan of skin unless it's super crispy. I ate every bite. The spicy Asian slaw was nice. It had a bite, but the heat did not linger. I don't like spicy food and I quite enjoyed it, so that tells you how tasty it was. The sweet potato salad was fantastic! It's cold with a sweet sauce, red onion, and pieces of bacon--the combination was just delightful. I ate every bite on that modern slate "plate".

An appetizer I've loved in the past was pigtail. It is not on the menu all the time but if you see it, love bacon, and you are adventurous, don't miss it. The charcuterie board was great. The lobster mac&cheese was nothing to write home about.

Cocktails:
The Peach & Pomm was too tart for my liking, I will not get it again.
I loved the French Martini (think raspberry). I will definitely have that again.
A year or two ago they had homemade vanilla vodka which was amazing in a White Russian--ask for it.

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Went with a group of friends. I wasn't extremely hungry so I just ate off the charcuterie tray and then did not order a meal. The three people in my group shared a little of their meal with me and all three were amazing. Everyone was happy with the meal that they got. Will definitely be going back!

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

Somewhat eclectic little place. Nice quiet romantic seat by the window. Menu was definitely different. Loved the featured specials. Will definitely try again.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

We came for lunch on our lunch hour and it took two hours. No worries since it was a Friday and we didn't have meetings. There was only one waitress working and said they didn't expect it to be as busy as it was so no more were scheduled. I would think that a Friday would bring in more people so that surprised me. Waitress was very friendly, helpful and food was good. Atmosphere and music were awesome and would be great for a relaxing day off work!

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

I enjoyed a solo trip on a night there was a live band a block away in the park. Food was excellent. Would be a great date night on a Friday with the band in the summer.