“Great barbecue with large selection of beers”
Review of Hendrick's BBQ

Hendrick's BBQ
Reserve with OpenTable
Hendrick's BBQ is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 277 Restaurants in Saint Charles
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 18 August 2017

Had lunch here with a buddy and the barbecue was great. He got the Philly Brisket sandwich which he said was great. I got the pulled pork sandwich was was also great. The french fries were tasty. The baked beans with bacon were very tasty and the corn chowder side was also very good, Will need to return when it is nicer outside to enjoy the nice patio that overlooks the walking/riding path by the Missouri river. Our waiter was very attentive and made sure that we were taken care of. ended up ordering the beef brisket and pulled pork to take home so that my wife and I could have a nice easy dinner with some great barbecue.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

I really enjoyed the menu that was full of classic St. Louis fare including the spare ribs (favorite), with greens, and a great variety of sauces.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

This is not our first trip here. As a matter of fact, it is our go-to barbecue restaurant. There are several reasons for this. First of all, the meat is first-class. Ribs are fall-off-the-bone tender and very tasty. Sauces house made and fresh (it makes a difference). Sides are delectable. Try the greens or corn pudding for a treat. The other meats are top-notch as well, especially the brisket and turkey. Sausage is a bit on the spicy side for my liking, but has good flavor. Appetizers include huge onion rings, fried green tomatoes, deviled eggs, and pork turnovers. Huge bar list including lots of local beer on tap and an extensive whisk(e)y list. Desserts top it off. We always order an extra slab of ribs to go for the next day. It is also a plus that they are on Open Table so you're not stuck in the Friday and Saturday rush. Right on the Katy Trail so people actually arrive by bicycle off the cross-state trail. Atmosphere splits the difference between an old-fashioned bbq joint with paper plates and long lines and a better restaurant. Not a chain, so everything is done in house. You can smell the smoke blocks away.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

It's a nice place with good atmosphere. We had our dog with us, they were accommodating and we sat outside.
My wife had a veggie burger, corn casserole, and sweet potato fries. She said the veggie burger and casserole were very dry.
I had beef brisket with potato salad, cole slaw, and baked beans. Meat was good. Potato salad was absolutely tasteless and a few of the potatoes were under cooked. The cole slaw was very gritty and had an overwhelming onion taste. YUK!
The wait for our food was terribly long....30 minutes or so. Never been to a BBQ place that took that long to get the food.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

The food is really good and the appetizers are large. We also enjoyed the old fashion on tap! After dinner we went downstairs to the blues bar. It was small, but there was a great band and a nice bar. Outside over looks the Katy Trail. We also noticed they grow a lot of their own herbs. I recommend the fried green tomatoes. Some of the best I've ever had. I highly recommend it.
The only down side, you get NO cell service inside this old brick building. None.