“Traditional European Shoppe”
Review of Sucrose

Sucrose
Ranked #2 of 6 Bakeries in Saint Charles
Reviewed 14 May 2018

The baked goods here are not too sweet, use fresh ingredients, and are packed with flavor. When you come on Saturday mornings they have their fresh croissants with fillings like goat cheese and ham. Delicious. Also many delicious gluten free options, good coffee, and you can get in and out in a reasonable time.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 6 May 2018

I am a huge fan of the Great British Baking Show! When I walked into Sucrose with my sister last weekend, it was like entering a fantasy world of all of the challenges.

I was a kid in a baked-goods store!

I had a bacon, caramelized onion croissant and a sticky bun with a yummy vanilla coffee drink. I then bought a frangipane tart, a salted caramel tart, ham croissant, and cinnamon rolls to go!

I am excited to return here when I visit my family this summer again.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 14 April 2018

Very good desserts! Went for birthday desserts after lunch.
Friendly staff and atmosphere. Try the caramel sea salt tart!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 24 March 2018

I really liked this place when it was Four Seasons....but the owners have really taken it up a notch with Sucrose. A friend and I were there yesterday for lunch. Their quiche is the best we've ever had and so too was their Boston Cream Pie and Chocolate Torte. We took home a lot of items too that were fantastic including the apricot/almond twists (I forgot the official name), the blueberry/lemon tart, numerous cookies, and the best macaroons we've ever had (and they're gluten free!).

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 29 January 2018

I ordered a selection of quiche for a baby shower brunch and cut in fourths after reheating so that guests could try a variety. Everyone was raving about them! I loved the caramelized onion! They were all delicious! You can special order mini pastries as well.

Date of visit: January 2018