“Birthday dessert”
Review of Sucrose

Sucrose
Ranked #2 of 6 Bakeries in Saint Charles
Reviewed 14 April 2018

Very good desserts! Went for birthday desserts after lunch.
Friendly staff and atmosphere. Try the caramel sea salt tart!

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 24 March 2018

I really liked this place when it was Four Seasons....but the owners have really taken it up a notch with Sucrose. A friend and I were there yesterday for lunch. Their quiche is the best we've ever had and so too was their Boston Cream Pie and Chocolate Torte. We took home a lot of items too that were fantastic including the apricot/almond twists (I forgot the official name), the blueberry/lemon tart, numerous cookies, and the best macaroons we've ever had (and they're gluten free!).

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 29 January 2018

I ordered a selection of quiche for a baby shower brunch and cut in fourths after reheating so that guests could try a variety. Everyone was raving about them! I loved the caramelized onion! They were all delicious! You can special order mini pastries as well.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

I found this bakery when looking for macarons in St Charles and was pleasantly surprised with all the other choices. I can't begin to remember what they had but it was two cases FULL of pastries, cookies, tarts, quiches, even dog treats (not with the human food) I ordered the lemon and blueberry tart which was really good. I thought it could use more lemon flavor maybe from some juice or zest. The blueberries had a great flavor and texture but had a weird clear gel on top which made a beautiful presentation but off overall texture. I also had one macaron as I wanted to sample them so I could get some when I head home tomorrow. I had the espresso macaron, a good coffee flavor but felt like there was too much almond flavoring used and the textures were way too smooshy and not at all chewy which I like in a macaron. They also seemed a little heavy compared to some I have had in the past. Would definitely go back and try other items as they ALL looked delicious. My husband had the peanut butter cheesecake which he just about licked the plate clean, said it was really good.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Sucrose has a wide variety of pastries that are actually made on site. I do like a baker that actually bakes their own products. You can watch them bake from the doorway by the cash register.
We were a large group of eight, all of us had a different pastry and drink. All the pastries were well made, appearance and taste. Sucrose offers a wide variety of pastries I am certain that everyone will find something to their liking.

Date of visit: August 2017