“Huge variety ”
Review of Sucrose

Sucrose
Ranked #2 of 6 Bakeries in Saint Charles
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

I found this bakery when looking for macarons in St Charles and was pleasantly surprised with all the other choices. I can't begin to remember what they had but it was two cases FULL of pastries, cookies, tarts, quiches, even dog treats (not with the human food) I ordered the lemon and blueberry tart which was really good. I thought it could use more lemon flavor maybe from some juice or zest. The blueberries had a great flavor and texture but had a weird clear gel on top which made a beautiful presentation but off overall texture. I also had one macaron as I wanted to sample them so I could get some when I head home tomorrow. I had the espresso macaron, a good coffee flavor but felt like there was too much almond flavoring used and the textures were way too smooshy and not at all chewy which I like in a macaron. They also seemed a little heavy compared to some I have had in the past. Would definitely go back and try other items as they ALL looked delicious. My husband had the peanut butter cheesecake which he just about licked the plate clean, said it was really good.

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Sucrose has a wide variety of pastries that are actually made on site. I do like a baker that actually bakes their own products. You can watch them bake from the doorway by the cash register.
We were a large group of eight, all of us had a different pastry and drink. All the pastries were well made, appearance and taste. Sucrose offers a wide variety of pastries I am certain that everyone will find something to their liking.

1  Thank David_D_RBM
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Sucrose is a second location for this baker duo. Their first was 4 seasons bakery. They offer a huge variety of baked goods. Super creamy quiches (several varieties each day) pastries gluten free and not. They specialize in European sweets. Their ware changes daily depending on what is available. Cannelle (small bites that are cooked till crisp on outside are like custard inside-- mmm) and almond heart cakes are my favorites. Their crostatas are small and large one crust pies with fresh fruit. Also on the menu are French macarons, small cream pies, almond tarts tapped with seasonal fruit. Unbelievable thin cookies, and toffee. The building itself is a total redo and very modern. Indoor seating espresso coffees and toys to entertain children are also on site Truly something for everyone. Don't be surprised if you take home a large box. Only down side. Parking is at a premium and sign can be missed easily. Call if you miss it. Staff is wonderful. Also Don't miss Christmas specialities -- springerle, almond stars, and about 5 other German cookies not found else where.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

We have been to Europe many times and to many different places in Europe. Not once was a true European croissant burnt or needed to be heated up. Each croissant as small as they are is a minimum of $3.50 and only goes up from there. 3 croissants and no drinks will be $10+ guaranteed. And nothing fancy either, plain croissants. Seating is very sparse, and the ordering process is trying to be European, organized mass chaos, without the organization.

Hopefully they get organized in their new location, the old one even though small was much better. And the presentation there was way better. Until they lower prices and get organized, We won't be back or recommending. Good luck

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 5 July 2017

Great and friendly spot for a breakfast sweet and conversation. Kid friendly for parents who wish to visit while kids play

Date of visit: July 2017