“Small and good”

Gateway Grill St. Louis
Ranked #8 of 36 Restaurants in Saint Ann
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

The restaurant is small yet has great food. Seems like a diner with atmosphere. The staff are great also.

Reviewed 20 January 2016

We were in town for a hockey tournament and were searching for a quick, casual place for lunch. I thought I would try this restaurant after reading the positive reviews. The food was very good, the prices were reasonable and the service was terrific. The diner is very small and the moment we walked in the door, we were greeted by about 3-4 ladies. The other customers all seemed to know each other and the ladies who worked at the diner. I felt like we were in someone's home enjoying lunch. This place seemed to have a large selection for breakfast and was only open until 1:30pm but I would definitely return to this restaurant.

1  Thank Kimberly W
Reviewed 27 August 2015

So I've visited this restaurant twice now, and the fact that I have another visit slated for today should tell you I like the place. Small. Quaint. Friendly staff.

The first time I had the patty melt and fries. Good sandwich, served hot. Second time, country-fired steak and eggs. The steak was a little smaller than I usually get at restaurants, but the fact that I got a biscuit and gravy with it evened things out nicely.

Good stuff here. Not sure what I'll order today, but I'm looking forward to it.

Reviewed 29 October 2014

Eggs and pancakes are always done well, though the potatoes have been a bit too well done the last couple of times we've eaten there. The place is very busy now on weekend mornings and one day we barely got a table it was so full! I've eaten there several times in the past two weeks, with family in town visiting. It is still our family favorite!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Still great pancakes and eggs, though the eggs were juuuuust a little more runny than I like today. Still delicious though! Fast, friendly service - we got water without asking.
They are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.