“Consistently Great Food”

Tequila Jalisco Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 22 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 31 March 2018

Food is ALWAYS GREAT and staff is always friendly. You know that the food is good because restaurant is always crowded at lunch and dinner times. Large food menu. Wonderful margaritas!

Reviewed 3 November 2017

This was my first experience at Tequila Jalisco Mexican Restaurant, and it won't be my last. I first discovered this Mexican restaurant from my 83 year old great aunt. She eats here at least twice a week since she can't drive and it is close to her apartment. Normally she can't eat any spicy food, but here there is a perfect balance between it all. The place was crowded (it was a Saturday night), but our service was phenomenal. Our waiter was very attentive to our needs and our food was served in a decent amount of time. The environment is very authentic, and the chips and salsa were definitely my favorite part of the whole experience. This has now become a family tradition every time we are in town visiting her.

Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

This has happened many times, I am allergic to the oils in lettuce and when ordering I told them and almost always my food ends up with lettuce, however this time one of the owners came over and was rude and hateful to me to the point I was in tears and then took my plate and proceeded two speak in Spanish so that I couldn't understand him to his employees about how I am an inconvenience and he doesn't have time to fix this nor will he fix it (my friend speaks Spanish). He then told me I could leave, my friend was made to pay for my meal which I didn't eat. I told them then that I would never come back, and he told me good he didn't need my money. My husband and I ran into the other owner and told him what had happened and he was very upset and told us to come back and he would serve us, however I have not gone back at this time.

Reviewed 13 March 2017

Choose from a wide variety of Mexican dishes, but it will be hard to choose. You will be filled, but the best is the serving staff of pleasant, neat, and helpful people. A favorite of mine on cold days is the chicken (pollo) soup-- huge quantity and lots of chicken. You will need a doggie bag!

Reviewed 3 March 2017

Chicken comes out sizzling on a iron pan. As you eat it stays pretty hot. Good fixin's for fajitas. Lots to eat. Good service. Neat decor with hand-painted chairs imported from Mexico