“A Family Tradition”

Tequila Jalisco Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 22 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 3 November 2017

This was my first experience at Tequila Jalisco Mexican Restaurant, and it won't be my last. I first discovered this Mexican restaurant from my 83 year old great aunt. She eats here at least twice a week since she can't drive and it is close to her apartment. Normally she can't eat any spicy food, but here there is a perfect balance between it all. The place was crowded (it was a Saturday night), but our service was phenomenal. Our waiter was very attentive to our needs and our food was served in a decent amount of time. The environment is very authentic, and the chips and salsa were definitely my favorite part of the whole experience. This has now become a family tradition every time we are in town visiting her.

Date of visit: October 2017

Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

This has happened many times, I am allergic to the oils in lettuce and when ordering I told them and almost always my food ends up with lettuce, however this time one of the owners came over and was rude and hateful to me to the point I was in tears and then took my plate and proceeded two speak in Spanish so that I couldn't understand him to his employees about how I am an inconvenience and he doesn't have time to fix this nor will he fix it (my friend speaks Spanish). He then told me I could leave, my friend was made to pay for my meal which I didn't eat. I told them then that I would never come back, and he told me good he didn't need my money. My husband and I ran into the other owner and told him what had happened and he was very upset and told us to come back and he would serve us, however I have not gone back at this time.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 13 March 2017

Choose from a wide variety of Mexican dishes, but it will be hard to choose. You will be filled, but the best is the serving staff of pleasant, neat, and helpful people. A favorite of mine on cold days is the chicken (pollo) soup-- huge quantity and lots of chicken. You will need a doggie bag!

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 3 March 2017

Chicken comes out sizzling on a iron pan. As you eat it stays pretty hot. Good fixin's for fajitas. Lots to eat. Good service. Neat decor with hand-painted chairs imported from Mexico

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 29 November 2016 via mobile

This is your average mexican food restaurant. The personnell were very friendly and attentive. Portions are good.

Date of visit: August 2016