“Genuine local osteria”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 August 2017

I think we were the only non-Italians here. This seemed very popular with locals. We ordered the Antipasta della casa and we thought the meat selection was huge. But then dish after dish followed. It was enormous but fabulous food, although we weren't so enthusiatic about the last couple of dishes which I think contained liver and other organs! But there was so much here. the problem was we had already ordered pizza. We barely made a dent in those as we were already full!

Reviewed 6 September 2015

I ate at the Vecchio Frantoio in August of 2014 and in April of 2015. The pasta and the beef steak was excellent. I thought I was eating at my Nona's house in Chicago, illinois.

I rarely order meat in Italy but decides to eat beefsteak that night in April. It was not only delicious but it was very tender. The flavor was sumptuous and the meat was hot just like at home. The house wine was delicious and the bread as always was delicious.

The service was superb and the inside of the restaurant was super clean and the tables were spaced properly to insure privacy.
I needed two bottles of water at my house and the stores were all closed at the time. The waiter told me "no problem" and brought me two bottles for the night.

Both of my meals were not only very good but also very reasonable in price. If you are looking for a restaurant that resembles home cooking then the Vecchio Frantoio is your place.

Reviewed 22 August 2015 via mobile

Great value, great food and very nice staff. If you pass by the metropol of PAlata and need a place to eat this is well worth a visit. Otherwise not much going on in the small town.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

In the beautiful town of Palata you will find this perfect little family owned restaurant. Antonio is a charming host who serves delicious meals and pizza. My favorite is the Cavatelli con Ventricini.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I can't say enough about this classic, family-run, authentic restaurant! If you are in Molise, you aren't far from Palata, and it is worth the drive! To be honest, there are not many choices in Palata. But if there were 50, I would still put this at the top of my list. Last night was Chittara con pomodori, rocola e grana...and it was fantastic! Honestly, the best pasta dish of my life. Tonight una bistecca do vitello that was perfectly seasoned and cooked. Add a salad, some wine and water...all 15 Euro. They have a full menu for lunch and dinner (closed Mondays!) and it's the perfect place to meet friends and have a wonderful night out.