“New Menu, New Management, New Service”
Review of the bread co - CLOSED

the bread co
Reviewed 25 July 2016

The food was hot, the service has greatly improved and the menu is updated. The acoustics is still a little loud so if you are looking for a quite evening out, this is not it, if you are looking for a fun evening with friends and good hot food with cold drinks and friendly service. Stop on by.

1  Thank Drenise H

Reviewed 26 May 2016 via mobile

The Bread Company is the best alternative to Panera/St. Louis Bread Co. that PB has to offer. Typically Southeastern MO knock-offs of chain restaurants are by far much worse than that which they are attempting to imitated, but not so of the Bread Company. The Bread Company needs no comparison to Panera in order to be its own entity. While not possessing the breadth of menu options, the ones present are ample and well made. The staff is friendly and helpful in making decisions. I was there for 4-6 hour for 4 days in order to study. The atmosphere varies through the day from silent just after the breakfast rush to packed at lunch. They offer some sort of live music on Thursday evenings, but I left as it was not conducive to studying. The staff/management tolerated me over several days while I researched and wrote a paper, for which I am greatly appreciative.

2  Thank Travis R
Reviewed 2 December 2015

I walked to this location last night. The fact is that I had been looking for a Panera bread for dinner but there is none in this area.
I was impressed with the quality of the items, the variety of the menu and the freshness. They pastries are beautiful and delicious. Excellent espresso drinks.

2  Thank SSBees
Reviewed 31 October 2015 via mobile

We've been here a couple of times when we pass through this area. This seems to try to compete with some chain-type restaurants, but it is different. They have a better quality of greens, and better fruits, and better nuts, and better chicken. It is cleaner-tasting. The sandwiches are ok, I'm not big on sandwiches. The prices are fair for that quality of food. The atmosphere is more directed to have conversation as opposed to noisy and crowded. They aren't ready to compete with the city chains, but with some tweaks, they certainly could. I know we will be back.

1  Thank Charlie W
Reviewed 15 August 2015 via mobile

Dinner: oriental salad for me, soup and half sandwich for my sister. Soup roasted peppers and gouda was good. Sandwich BLT acceptable. Oriental salad poor. Bunch of machined lettuce and oranges, chicken strips and salad dressing that ruined a poor salid further. Nothing like an Asian or Oriental chicken salad. Let this place go out of business.