“VERY GOOD FOOD AND SERVICE”
Review of J. Bruner's Restaurant - CLOSED

J. Bruner's Restaurant
Price range: US$19 - US$33
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lake Road 54-40 (Winn Road)
Description: You are invited to experience casual, fine dining at J. Bruner's! Savor steaks and seafood prepared using our exclusive recipes refined over the past thirty years. The warm and inviting dining rooms are the perfect setting for weekly casual dining or that special occasion. Enjoy our Red Room Lounge for a cocktail after work, cocktails before dinner, and/or a tasty ice cream drink afterwards. The best table service completes your dining experience, making J. Bruner's the Lake's Classic Steakhouse. Reservations recommended--book online.
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

The food is amazing from the appetizers which we have had the onion rings that are the best!!! The mushroom caps are delicious and the chicken livers are one of my favorites. One of the best salads with homemade croutons and the house dressing. I usually always get the battered fried lobster and it is out of this world!! Ashley makes a awesome dirty Greygoose martini. I have never had a bad meal there and the service is remarkable. We go back every chance we get!!!

Reviewed 20 May 2018

A great atmosphere, super friendly service and some brilliant choices on the menu. The onion rings are the best I've ever had (where the onion didn't fall out for a change) and it was hard to make a decision with so many good appetizers in particular. The Lobster bisque soup was tremendous and we thoroughly enjoyed our evening.

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped in at J Bruners for a late dinner on our way back from a week-long road trip. We didn’t have reservations, but I guess because it was late in the evening, we were able to be seated right away. The decor was warm and romantic, this would be a perfect spot for anniversaries, birthdays or any other sort of special occasion dinner. The service was great, our server stated she had been with J Bruners for 20 years! The ribeye meal I enjoyed was cooked to perfection and very very delicious! It’s worth noting to state the salad was extremely good... it was so fresh tasting; unlike the chemical laced bagged salad taste I normally experience in restaurants. The portion sizes were more than generous, so much so I was unable to finish my steak. For a last minute decision and just dropping in, I found our dining experience at J Bruners to be very enjoyable and will definitely make my way back there next time we are in the area! Highly recommend!

1  Thank 1EatWell2TravelOften
Reviewed 14 February 2018

Hasn't changed in 30 years.... Food was excellent and Patricia provided top notch service and excellent suggestions. We ordered the Prime Rib and couple Lobster tails.....was very good experience.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Expect fine service and dependable quality at this fine dining establishment, still going strong over the decades.