“Awesome food!”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 October 2014

Is a wine bar with Great food! Local artist have a place on the walls, friendly staff and delicious food!

Reviewed 7 October 2014

Very disappointing......we had a group of 12 so we tried a lot of things. We were here for 2 50 year old b'day celebrations so we were not cutting corners. First off, I wanted a chardonnay..... it is a wine bar after all. They offer 1 by the glass and ONE OTHER chardonnay by the bottle. Do not be fooled by what they list online....it isn't so. I asked to taste the one they offer by the glass as I didn't recognize it. May as well have been Barefoot. I recognized the one by the bottle as a cheap chardonnay as well. Very disappointing for a place that is trying to pass itself off as a wine bar. I ordered a Blue Moon beer. Had to send back the second one as it had something nasty around the top. Showed it to the server who by the way, was very nice. One of the men had to send back his water as there was some sort of white sediment at the bottom. Low an behold after drinking most of my water, I had the same gross sediment all over the bottom of my water glass as well. Showed the server....she seemed to disregard it.

For appetizers, we tried the kobe sliders (very good), hummus (I didn't try it but those who did liked it), bruschetta (just ok....strange bread choice for a bruschetta), crab cakes ( I would rename these crab flavored hush puppies....crab flavored and tasty but VERY little crab meat) and the portobello (which is advertised online as shrimp filled but I would say ours was sausage....pretty good....maybe that is what the menu in the restaurant said). Wish we would have stopped there....it might have been a 3 star review.

One of the folks in our group asked the waitress what she recommended. She said her favorite menu entree item was the chicken jerusalem. Two of us at opposite ends of the table ordered it. I am sad to say it was inedible. Neither of us ate it and we didn't compare notes on it until after we left. Sadly the other person was one of the b'day girls. What a huge disappointment. The chicken tasted and looked like frozen strips of precooked chicken....pressed even and very few of them. The entree itself was about the size of a tennis ball. It was in a strange sauce with canned artichoke hearts and mushrooms. The side vegetables were clearly a frozen medley from a bag....no seasoning, no butter, just plopped on the plate. TERRIBLE! INEDIBLE! The mashed potatoes were ok....at least not a boxed mix as far as I could tell which at this point was a surprise. My entree and sides came out cold and I had to send it back to have it warmed. The guy sitting next to me had a pizza.....it came out cold as well. He sent it back. Sadly when my plate was returned to me, the piece of bread which a previous reviewer said was the only good thing in the restaurant was no longer on my plate....I didn't get to taste it....

Others at the table had pizzas (good, not great), pasta (just ok), steak (meh)....no one had a great meal. I left hungry as did the birthday girl. What a huge disappointment for a special night out.......no one was thrilled.

I really wanted to like this place and was excited to try it as we have eaten at many other very good restaurants around the lake over the past 20 years. This place needs to get its act together if it hopes to survive. NO frozen food. Offer a better choice of white wines....the red list was extensive though 2 red wine drinkers at our table said it really didn't have any good reds on it. Several at our table drank 2 different bottles of red, neither was very good. You need help with your wine list if you are going to call yourself a wine bar. Most true wine drinkers don't mind paying more for a good bottle...they don't have to be rare....a Rombauer Chardonnay and Silver Oak Cabernet for instance. It is disappointing for a wine drinker to come to a wine bar and have to order beer.

On paper this sounds like a white table cloth kind of place (even though pizza is currently one of the better menu choices). There are NO table cloths. Just plain, cheap black laminate tables and chairs. Maybe a table cloth would help. You have a good concept here but it needs A LOT of tweaking!!! I have written a lot here in hopes that you will take heed and improve. I really did want to like you.

Reviewed 29 September 2014

Great atmosphere, service and food! The art display truly adds to the overall experience. Can get a small or extensive meal!

1  Thank suebH6476OZ
Reviewed 16 September 2014

This is a restaurant that keeps trying to get better. It is an art gallery that shows some very good art along with having very good food. One of the better pizzas in the Lake area and the pastas are always special. The service can be a little helter skelter at times but that gives you time to enjoy their great wine selection. I have enjoyed this special little place several times on a regular basis and know that they continue to try improve.

Reviewed 6 September 2014

First, the good part: I like the concept of eating around artwork. Now for the rest of the story (we miss you Paul Harvey). I went here hoping for the best after reading mixed reviews. Alas, the food was poor for the most part. I had steak, which was average to good, depending on comparison to a really good steak or steak chains like Western Sizzlin and Ruth's Chris Steak House (sorry I don't think their steaks are that great). However, the garlic mashed potatoes were old and the vegetable medley was so old that the vegetable were sour! The best part of the meal was the bread. I thought if the best part of the meal was the bread, than I should be in a bakery, not a restaurant (I doubt they make their own bread). The server was pleasant but nonchalant.