“Do Not waste your time here”
Review of The Vine - CLOSED

The Vine
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 September 2014

First, the good part: I like the concept of eating around artwork. Now for the rest of the story (we miss you Paul Harvey). I went here hoping for the best after reading mixed reviews. Alas, the food was poor for the most part. I had steak, which was average to good, depending on comparison to a really good steak or steak chains like Western Sizzlin and Ruth's Chris Steak House (sorry I don't think their steaks are that great). However, the garlic mashed potatoes were old and the vegetable medley was so old that the vegetable were sour! The best part of the meal was the bread. I thought if the best part of the meal was the bread, than I should be in a bakery, not a restaurant (I doubt they make their own bread). The server was pleasant but nonchalant.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We always rely on trip advisor when dining in new towns and it has never failed us until now. We were very excited to go to The Vines as it was near by the resort we were staying yet away from the resort crowds. Ambiance was perfect - art gallery with a casual flair. We arrived early ( 5:15 Friday evening) and the only other diners were just leaving. Orders were taken and drinks were delivered promptly. After order we strolled around the gallery and saw they were set up for a large private party and thankful that we arrived well in advance of their arrival. Back at the table, salads arrived and then the service stopped. After an hour from ordering, entrees had not arrived. Upon inquiry, we were told our ticket was not seen by the chef but they were on it. Then the private party began to arrive and still no food. Entrees arrived at 6:45, approx 1.5 hours after ordering. Chicken was tough and pasta sauce was lukewarm. No table service after food was delivered as they were now tending to the private party. We sat with dirty plates far too long when the check and two complimentary desserts arrived. We asked for to go boxes and quickly pulled out the credit card to pay, but they never returned to our table. Finally had to pay at the bar. Restaurant has some potential, but lacks food consistency and poor service. I understand they had a private party, but we arrived an hour in advance of their arrival and they should have staffed accordingly. Proceed with caution.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We ordered 3 pizzas and a pasta dish and everyone agreed their food was excellent and the prices were reasonable and appropriate. The service was good and we weren't rushed. The art gallery atmosphere was interesting and appealing.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Ok, first off, the food is not too shabby but the turn off was the attitude of the staff. This place has potential but as manager myself I have to question the current leadership. We waited far too long for our food and the orders were incorrect. This is a small establishment and this is unacceptable as the setting is fairly intamate but the service does not yield the expected atmosphere.
An effective manage would sense this and create a cohesive group or fire problem staff.
The quality of the food was excellent but the overall
atomosphere didnt work.
We will not be returning, nor will our colleagues.
Its a shame, we expected so much more based on previous reviews.

Rebecca S, Manager at The Vine, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Hello Connorzare and thank you for visiting The VIne! I'm sorry your experience was not a positive one but I am glad you enjoyed your food.
I have a pretty good idea what night you were in and yes, we had some staff problems to which have been corrected.
I'm so sorry this issue affected your visit with your colleagues. As a manger, I'm sure you have experienced days where things didn't go as you wishes.
If you so care to, please try us again and I think you will be pleased.
Best wishes and cheers! Rebecca

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Great little restaurant with some awesome pasta dishes. Local art displayed throughout the restaurant and gallery. The loving spoonful chocolate cake is not to be missed so save room and share a piece with your spouse.

Rebecca S, Manager at The Vine, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Hello Ann! I'm so glad you visited us and enjoyed your time here! Yes, that Chocolate Lovin' Spoon cake is AMAZING! It is perfect to share with a loved one!

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your visit and we thank you so much for supporting this small business!

Cheers, Rebecca