“A beautiful and completely secluded place to get...”
other travellers have booked this property
Master Bedroom Bedroom 2 is identical as bed 3: Double bunkbed, single bed
Circle O Lodge in the winter
Back porch
Back view
Front Porch Circle O
Fawn found by one of our guests!!
Deer in front of Circle O
Autumn view of back side overlooking wetlands
Circle O wetlands and great nature walks
Young and old anglers love fishing for bass, bluegills and catfish at the Circle O 'Rock Pond'
Baby Baltimore Oriol, just on of many species of birds that find the Circle O their home
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 47 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
MD902
“A beautiful and completely secluded place to get away from it all.”
Reviewed 7 September 2013 for a stay in August 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Circle O for about a week in August. We wanted a short break away from everyday life and this was perfect.

The Circle O is a log cabin with 60 acres of private land surrounding it. It's completely secluded, and a long way from the next property - though Marceline is a few minutes drive down the road and has everything you need.

The cabin itself is gorgeous. It has a rustic feel, but is equipped with comfortable furniture and modern amenities like a/c and a great kitchen with high quality appliances. It has two fully equipped bathrooms and a third smaller one. The place is spotlessly clean and is finished to a very high standard.

Outside, there is a large yard, deck and patio with a charcoal grill and firepit, and private walking trails that wind around the land. There are facilities for shooting clays if that's your thing, and a large fishing pond with a good stock of catfish, crappies and bass (I think).

We spent the days sitting on the deck, walking the trails and watching the fish in the pond. Top tip: if you visit in summer, get up early and explore when the air is cool and the wildlife is out and about.

At night, we grilled, made use of the fire pit and listened to the coyotes in the middle distance.

The lodge feels a long way from anywhere. It felt as though we were on our own little island and, for two people used to frantic city life, was an amazing and extremely relaxing experience.

Michael and Ximena (the owners) were a pleasure to deal with, and Jesse (the manager) is very friendly and approachable.

On checking out, I left my shaving kit behind; but they emailed the same day to say they were posting it and didn't charge me a penny. No hotel would do that!

I've racked my brains for a negative as I realise this will read like a paid review, but I can't think of a single one. If you want to host a family reunion, shoot clays snd fish or simply get away from it all, you can't beat the Circle O.

Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
7 Sep 2013
Thank you Mat for taking the time to review your stay with us. We really appreciate the time you took to write the review and you certainly captured the essence of what we want our guests to experience when staying at the Circle O. We thank you for your kind words and we hope that one day we will have the pleasure of having you as our guests again.
Should you decide to visit again just let know and we will leave the gate and the lights on!
Kindest regards,
Michael,Ximena & Jesse
Omaha
Reviewed 7 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
7 Jul 2013
Hi Deb,
Thanks very much for the wonderful review. We are very pleased that we met our expectations. We are also very happy to see the both the big boys and the little boys had a great time.
It goes without saying that we truly appreciated having guests that really liked the outdoors and made is such a great family outing as that is what the Circle O is all about, Families Meeting Nature!
We look forward to the opportunity to have you as our guests again in the not too distant future.
Let us know when you are coming we will keep the gate open for you and the lights on!
CO
Reviewed 2 July 2013 for a stay in June 2013

2 Jul 2013
Thank you Jones family for your most welcomed review of the Circle O. In your review you have captured the essence of what the Circle O is all about. We are very happy to hear that with children from age 2 to 20 no one missed the TV!
Come visit us again soon, we will leave the gate open and the lights on!
Michelle...
“Simply perfect!”
Reviewed 1 June 2013 for a stay in May 2013

We were relaxed from the moment we put the car in park. The grounds are just stunning, and all the different terrains make for fun and interesting walks. The only sound you hear is the sound of all the birds. We were especially thrilled for the opportunity to observe a baby fawn napping in a sunny spot in the woods. Breathtaking.

As for the lodge itself, I can't say enough good things about it. These owners are incredibly thoughtful and NOTHING is missing. Everything we needed, and much more, was there. My husband loves to cook, and he had it all, from food processor to waffle maker. So very cozy that we didn't mind the rain a bit. I really loved the beautiful view of the grounds from the living room.

Also, I really appreciated how easy it was to work with the owners. Simple process. Easy payment via paypal.

We didn't want to leave, and can't wait to return!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
1 Jun 2013
Thanks Michelle and Ian for selecting the Circle O Lodge for your getaway. We especially want to thank you for your review. Your comments are very appreciated and validate the reasons we developed the lodge and policies they way we did and we are so happy you were able to enjoy the Circle O Lodge and its surroundings. Kindest regards, Michael & Ximena
Rothville
Reviewed 30 May 2013 for a stay in May 2013

A romantic getaway Older travelers
30 May 2013
Thank you for your review of your stay. We are pleased your stay was a pleasant one. We look forward to your return!
Michael & Ximena
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing