All reviewslaura ingallswooded areanight staycharcoalwilderpropertyhighway
Reviewed 7 October 2012

My wife and I stumbled upon this little gem called Mansfield Woods and,,, Wow. What an experience. From the rustic exterior and the short gorgeous drive through a green meadow and Oak trees, you are treated to a feeling of isolation in the woods, Even though you are only a short distance from the highway. We spent a wonderful week there in September watching the leaves turn and visiting the local attractions. From the several amazing civil war attractions to the Laura Ingalls museum, the area's primary attraction. We even attended a play put on by the local community called Memories of Laura. About the facility. Rustic exterior cabins whose interior completely belies what one would expect of a cabin. Tastefully decorated with many warm and homey amenities. Like several varieties of tea and a small kitchenette with a BBQ on the deck. We spent many nights on the deck watching the local wildlife, Deer, Armadillos and a Bobcat was even spotted. All this at very attractive prices. We can't thank Barbara enough for making our stay extra special. We will be back.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Michael M
Reviewed 9 August 2012 via mobile

Ideal location, nature at it's finest. Rustic though not luxury but we didn't want that. The views of the stars are amazing! The walks you take will be the same ones Laura took down gorgeous country roads because you are literally right across the street from her house. It's the country!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank LWelch33
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Our stay at Mansfield Woods was a wonderful experience for us. The cabin was immaculate and every possible detail was provided to make our retreat relaxing and fun. There was a full size kitchenette stocked with coffee/tea and even matching dishes! (A plus for some women!)
Mansfield Woods offers a quiet, rustic retreat. We sat on our deck in the evening and listened to the evening songs of the local birds. The entire atmosphere encourages you to slow down and take a break from the world. If you are looking for a weekend – or longer – country get away…this is it!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank kathysher
Reviewed 19 May 2012

For the life of me I cannot figure out why some people have to be so negative about everything in life. The person that gave Mansfield Woods a negative review would NOT give ANY place a good review. They are just like that and nothing could be further from the truth.
I know the owner personally and I feel that her attention to detail and customer satisfaction is like nothing that I have experienced before.
If you want an experience close to the city, yet in the country, relaxing, close to some local events and sights, give it a try. You will come away relaxed and ready to face the world.
Thanks

Room Tip: Any of the cabins are a great value, clean, neat and relaxing.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Walt W
Reviewed 17 May 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a second time recently. It was just as great as we remembered only even more beautiful than our last trip in the Fall. We love how pet friendly the place is, how private the rooms are, and the peace and beauty of the atmosphere. There are a lot of cute little shops nearby including a bakery and a great used bookstore. I'm sure we'll stay at Mansfield Woods again!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple