“Used to be my favorite, tonight was probably my last visit”
Review of Casablanca

Casablanca
Ranked #9 of 73 Restaurants in Lake Ozark
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Casablanca was started in 1932. It is the longest established bar on the Bagnell Dam Strip. Live entertainment Thursday through Sunday nights. Great spot for Sports with 14 large screen TV's and the NFL ticket. At night it is a great spot to hang with the locals and your friends.
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

I was given a gift certificate for my birthday here even though I live out of state because everyone knows it’s a yearly stop for me. I was coming in tonight with grandkids so I didn’t want to take them in the smoking area upstairs or the bar downstairs so I decided to place my order online for takeout. No go. Have to use a credit card to place an online order. Fine, I’ll call in. Nope, message says you have to place online. Ok, I’ll place online with my credit card then ask to switch payment to my gift card when I get there. Fine, place the order for a specified time and go there at that time to get it. Wasn’t ready yet so I asked to switch payment and use my gift card and I’m told “it’s paid for”. I said “I know but I have a gift card I want to use.” “You can’t, we have no access to the order, it just prints up here”. I said I couldn’t call it in to use my card so I had to order online and it would only take credit card. She basically said “yeah, sorry, can’t help it”. Then I waited 15 minutes past pick up time for my order. Pizza is still good but this is just wrong. I had a gift card and they wouldn’t let me use it. I’m disappointed. Terrible way to start my lake visit and it didn’t have to be that way. They could have adjusted it but she didn’t care or even try. Also while I was waiting for my pizza, one the chefs wiped his sweat from his forehead with his hand while he got a drink then went right back to making pizza without washing his hands.

I previously left a five star review but I dont plan to return. They didn’t care about keeping my business.

Mark B, Owner at Casablanca, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Hi Grandma118. Sorry to hear about your experience. We installed the online ordering about 4 months ago and the system that we signed up with doesn't integrate with gift cards. In fairness to the employees, there currently isn't a way for them to change or adjust bills after an order has been placed. To make this adjustment I need to do it manually. I can do this over the phone and would love to do that. If you want to email me at sales@villagemarina.com with a good way to contact you we can make this happen. In the meantime I will call the website provider that does the online ordering site and see if the have figured out a way to integrate the gift cards.

Happy Birthday and hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay in Lake of the Ozarks!

Reviewed 18 July 2018

In the LOTO area there are a lot of burgers places to try, but I've found Casablanca to be the best, good fries too. Since you always end up at the Bagnell Strip anyway, you might as well plan a meal here.

Reviewed 17 July 2018

Stopped in for lunch. Their pizza is outstanding! Good selection of beers. I've been here in years past. Looks like they have done some remodeling. Always found Casablanca to be a great place to drop in for a bite and a cold one!

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

3 1/2 stars - the atmosphere here is a lot of fun. It's right on the strip and has seating where you can be both in the restaurant and on the strip at the same time. We were there after 9p on a Saturday night. It was busy and it took awhile to get food. Our calamari was really good. We got the jordanmeister pizza. It was huge and had a ton of meat, but it really wasn't very good. The flavor of the pizza was pretty minimal and it was sopping with grease. I think if they could spread the toppings more and put more emphasis on cheese and flavoring the sauces it'd be better. But it was fun to listen to live music and people watch! Good drinks and average prices.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

My wife and I went to Casablanca two nights in a row - one for pizza and one for a sandwich. Both were absolutely delicious! Prices are reasonable and the service was excellent. Both nights we had a waitress ( in the “Grotto” downstairs) named Whitney. Amazingly, on the second night she remembered the pizza we had ordered the previous night and what we were drinking.

Date of visit: June 2018