All reviews front desk room was clean excellent room indoor pool check in was a breeze mini fridge and microwave musty smell biscuits and gravy bagnell dam labor day lake housekeeper ozarks osage rates upgrades
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

A friend and I stayed at this hotel the weekend before the Solar Eclipse. Rates for the weekend were reasonable ($90, which wasn't bad considering other prices charged in the area, but would be very pricey considering the hotel in other circumstances). The hotel is also very well-located in a good central location. Staff is excellent, very friendly and accommodating. The room we were in was also huge! Lots of room in the room at large, though the bathroom is kind of small. There is a refrigerator and microwave in the room. There is a nice indoor pool, and an outdoor pool. The property and hallways/facilities are well maintained. But... There were mysterious brown spots on our room ceiling. That wasn't a huge deal; people do weird random things in hotels all the time and I don't really blame the hotel for that. No problem. Where the frustration for me came was in the air conditioning. I'm not saying it didn't work. It was August in Missouri; it gets hot. But that room never got below like 78 degrees. And for a hotel room, its still pretty hot. I was actually too warm to sleep comfortably. The other issue was that there was an open and used bar of soap in the shower when we arrived. Everything looked pretty clean in the room, but the extra random bar of soap really made me wonder just how clean it actually was. Overall, it was fine, I've certainly stayed in worse. But it was not what I would have expected either.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Jeff G, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

noitecoruja, Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback about your recent stay at our property. I am disappointed that you encountered several issues during your recent visit, and I will be sure to share this with my housekeeping and maintenance staff for training purposes. I hope that you may give us another opportunity to take care of your lodging needs the next time you are at the Lake of the Ozarks.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

Reading over some of the other reviews, I have to wonder if there has been a change of management in the past few months. I have stayed in high-end hotels charging three times the price. The Lake Ozark Quality Inn was right up there with them. There was even a "towel swan" on the bed when I arrived. The room was clean, the bed was soft, everything worked properly - wi-fi, fridge, microwave, plumbing, TV, etc. The staff was extremely polite and helpful.

If I have a complaint, it is that their key-card machine was not encoding the cards properly so that they only opened the room door - not the outside doors. But they kept at it and were finally able to work out the bug.

The building is on Bagnell Dam Blvd. right off Osage Beach Parkway, near Route 54 and is (unless you have a Garmin gps - but that's another story) easy to find and very near a Menards which sells virtually everything. It's far away enough from the roadways to be quiet.

The pools are sparkling (I don't swim) and there is a game room with a pool table and video games. The guest laundry has new-ish looking machines. I used neither so I'm just going by what I observed visually. Second floor rooms have balconies. The continental breakfast offers a variety of food and beverages - not just the usual pastries and coffee.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Jeff G, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Quality Inn at the Lake of the Ozarks! I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and our amenities while visiting the area. We work hard everyday to ensure that everyone's stay is pleasurable, and it sounds as if we hit the mark with you. If I can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me!

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location but your not going to get a five star hotel. It's decent but feels old. Dust build up in the nooks and crannies. One day they bought towels but didn't do any cleaning, not even making the bed that all hotels do. Tried to swim in the pool but it was so over done with chemicals it made my eyes burn. Breakfast wasn't terrible, but you can tell they use the cheapest materials possible. Staff was super friendly. Had I been here on vacation I would have been let down, but since I was here for work it was a comfortable place to sleep.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Jeff G, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Rebecka M, Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our property. I am disappointed that we were not able to offer you a better impression of our hotel. We are working on many new and exciting projects in the near future that will help add some shine to our older diamond. I will be sure to share this review with my housekeeping and maintenance staff for training purposes as well. Once again thanks for your feedback.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

The location is very central to all things to do at the Lake. The breakfast was really good, staff was great! The room was very clean. Although it was very crowded at the hotel. I din't notice noise from the other rooms or floor.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jeff G, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Marcia, Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Quality Inn at the Lake of the Ozarks! I am delighted that you had a great stay and we hope that you choose to visit us the next time you are in this area!

Reviewed 28 July 2017

Rooms smelled weird, carpets needed vacuumed. There was a potato chip on the steps for 2 days... Pool was chipping and needed paint. Breakfast was not good at all. Don't let the pictures deceive you... I won't be staying there again.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Jeff G, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Megan, I apologize that your stay was not as I would expect for my guests. We work hard everyday to ensure that all cleanliness standards are met, and I will be sure to share this with my staff for training purposes. We have some maintenance items we will be working on as we enter the off peak season, including painting the pools. Thanks again for your feedback.