“Great food, but not a deli”

Pickleman's Gourmet Cafe
Ranked #41 of 70 Restaurants in Kirkwood
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A friend recommended Pickleman's as a great deli. Another reviewer said this is similar to other delis in the STL area, such as BreadCo. All those places have the same thing in common--they are most definitely not delicatessens. Remember Kopperman's? THAT was a deli. Pickleman's is not.

That being said, it does offer good quality food at not too unreasonable prices. Parking in/around the area is not the best, though. That's not the restaurant's fault, but it is what it is.

I'm glad I went, but I can't say I'd recommend it to a friend, and I definitely wouldn't if they were looking for a deli.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

Good food in a clean and comfortable environment. Great service and the sandwiches are very good. Good for family's,

Chelsea B, Public Relations Manager at Pickleman's Gourmet Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2018

Thank you for the great review, we appreciate it!

Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

We ran in here before a visit to the Magic House. Anytime I can get a decent salad and my kids can get pizza quickly we are all happy!

Reviewed 14 September 2015

My friend and I had lunch here, and I found the menu to be fairly similar to other delis in St. Louis such as St. Louis Bread Co. and McAlister's. I ordered the Pick 2, and got an Asiago Caesar Salad and Asiago Chicken Sandwich. They were just okay - nothing special. There are many other dining options in the area, so I probably would not rush back.

Reviewed 1 June 2015

My wife and I have lunch at Pickleman's every time we are in the Kirkwood area. Their sandwiches are great, and their location in downtown Kirkwood is very convenient.