“All PIs are not created equal”
Review of Pi Pizzeria - CLOSED

Pi Pizzeria
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed 7 April 2017

I am pretty sure Pi is unique to the St. Louis area. Each of the 4 or 5 locations here offers something the others don't.
The crust is wonderful and made of cornmeal. I love the deep dish pizzas, my husband loves the thin crust pizza. Lincoln Park is my fav.
It gets busy, I don't think they take reservations. But, it is worth the wait. Sometimes I order on line for a pick up, they have always been right on with the process.

Date of visit: January 2017

Reviewed 30 March 2017

Visited here with my wife and absolutely loved their pies !! We ordered two large so we coult take home leftovers. I had the "cubano" (pork, ham, pickle, swiss, mustard) which is a popular South Florida sandwich, but here, they reproduced it on a pie, it was absolutely delicious.
My wife has the "Central West End" (mozz, prosciutto, goat cheese, tomato, red onion, arugula) and she also enjoyed her slices.
The large is about 16" and in the $20-$22 range. They have a good selection of beers on tap and on avg prices.
We went on a weekday night, so no large crowds, the staff was amazing, should out to Cody, our server.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

Pretty good pizza. If this were New York, it wouldn't be conspicuous, except for being way too thin. Overpriced as hell, though.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 10 December 2016

I'm not an expert on deep-dish pizza at all so this is a very novice review. The cornmeal crust was very good. I think you either like it or you dont. I did and was very happy with the crust. We ordered two very basic pizzas - pepperoni and pepperoni with jalapeños. Very basic but overall I enjoyed both of them. I'd probably be more daring next time.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 26 November 2016

Former fan -- disappointed.

Four big problems:

1. We arrived to find a 20-minute wait. That's not bad, but when we were finally seated, there were four empty tables in the main dining room. What gives?

2. We ordered one item -- a small pizza. It came out lukewarm. No excuse. Considering the empty tables, it didn't make sense. They weren't that busy.

3. The house red wine tasted like the lowest quality Cab that you can get at Aldi's.

4. Finally...the music. WAY too loud and the wrong vibe. Dance music and hip-hop more appropriate for a millennial. One look around and the crowd was heavily Kirkwood and nearby families. Come on. This isn't the Wheelhouse. It's obvious the music tracks were picked by and for the wait staff -- of which everyone fit the genre's target audience.

They lost us. We'll go to Dewey's from now on.

Date of visit: November 2016