All reviews royals game evening food baked potato denny's restaurant free breakfast and dinner ball park baseball trip kc royals room was clean outdoor pool walking distance great place to stay sports complex evening reception perfect location definitely stay here again hot breakfast
Reviewed 22 October 2018

I went on NASCAR's October weekend and there was also a Chief's game. The hotel was really great about noting a late check-in time on my file and the payment process was very smooth upon arrival. The room was really clean; I never get a bathroom that clean (even if it was a little small). They had a really good breakfast and the lady that ran the breakfast was exceptional in her service and so friendly.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Drury Hotels
1  Thank anewel463382
Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed here two nights for chiefs game. Was worried that this location being so close to stadiums would not be so nice,but I was wrong. It was every bit as nice as every other Drury. Exceptional staff and service, fresh breakfast, clean and comfortable room. Paid a little bit of premium because of the game, but for the comfort and convenience, it was worth it.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank DisneyDad21
Reviewed 11 October 2018

My wife and I had a fantastic two-night stay here in late September. We appreciated the top-notch customer service and the cleanliness of our room. The hotel has ample parking in the back lot and it's easy to get on the interstate. We'd definitely stay here again!

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jason Z
Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

After a lengthy day of travel, we were ready to get to our hotel and rest. When we drove up to this Drury Inn where we had our reservation, it was mostly dark. We thought “Well, it is 10 PM, maybe they just dim the lights at night.” We went to check in only to find that they had a partial power outage, could not check us in, could not give us keys, and the elevator did not work, so we had to climb up several flights of stairs with all our luggage ... see what I mean? It was the wrong night to show up there! The young man at check-in was very pleasant but he was the bearer of the bad news. They did offer us a room further down the road, but we did not want to go there because we needed to be in the location of our reservation. We were stuck in our room or only one of us could leave at a time or we could not get back in because we had no keys. The next AM, ONE of us went to retrieve our keys so we could then go down and eat breakfast. I do think they should have given us SOME kind of discount for the less than ideal circumstances. We did not rest as well because the air system was off, too. The lady at breakfast was efficient and courteous. Breakfast was overall pretty good. I have had good experiences at Drury before so I will not write them off over this, but I was not a happy guest this time. The location is right behind a Denny’s and their light was shining in our window when the curtains were open. It was not far off the interstate either but noise was not a problem. If you are going to the Truman library or home, this is very close to that.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Stadium, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are terribly sorry to hear about your experience! Unfortunately power outages do happen and they are beyond our control. However it sounds like we could have handled the situation better. All feedback is valuable in our ongoing mission to completely satisfy every guest, every day. Please call me directly if you have a few moments and would like to further discuss your experience.

Rachel K.
816-923-3000

Reviewed 6 October 2018

My husband and I booked this hotel primarily to make it easy to attend a Chiefs game. We were checked in by Michael and greeted as if we were old friends. We were fortunate enough to have arrived from New York early and made it to the hotel in time for the evening food offering. To be honest, we weren't expecting too much from this but were very impressed with the selection of free food and drinks available - perfect for an evening meal if you are a little tired of the huge portions of food served in restaurants! Our room was of a good size and perfectly clean. We were able to walk to Arrowhead for our stadium tour and for the game within 20 minutes and, despite the hotel being full on the Saturday and Sunday night, we heard no noise and enjoyed a good night's sleep throughout our stay. We were warmly greeted every time we passed reception and were regularly asked if our food was ok in the dining room. This will definitely not be the last time we stay at this property and I will be looking for this brand in other US cities in future.

Date of stay: September 2018