“Perfect coffee shop”

City Market Coffee House
Ranked #1 of 50 Coffee & Tea in Kansas City
Reviewed 28 March 2018

Take the streetcar from downtown for breakfast, pastries, and hot drinks. I had the egg sandwich with sausage on a croissant, and a heavenly blueberry pastry. This is the real deal and beets any more pretentious (and more expensive) option downtown.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

My husband and I went on a Saturday and Sunday morning for coffee. My husband got something different each morning but I got the Hippy each morning. Hippy is an iced coffee with almond milk and honey and added caramel and fell in love!!

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

The latte of the day was cinnamon vanilla. I got it with coconut milk. It was not sickeningly sweet like overly commercialized and commoditized coffee shop chains. It was a really nice surprise! I truly enjoyed my latte and was a little sad when I was at the bottom of my cup although I was full.

Thanks for making a solid latte that can stand up to any other latte around!

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

OMG it was the worst coffee of my life. Tastes as if a wildfire damaged the coffee beans. Extreme bitter, sour and tasteless. (They called it ristretto) Disclaimer: I am a great fan of Italian coffee.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

I stopped by one morning while visiting KC and grabbed a "buck cup" which is an 8 oz self serve cup for $1 with free refills. It was such amazing coffee that I got up early the next morning to come back for more! It gets very crowded on a Saturday morning with the farmers market, but early Sunday was much calmer. This time I sat down for a while and got to try all of the coffees. I loved the vibe there, exposed brick walls, cool tunes, employees who take pride in their product and service, and a manager/owner who was happy to "talk shop" with me. If I ever come back to KC again, I will come here every morning for coffee and will try some of the breakfast options as well.