“Breakfast at the market.”
Review of Opera House KC

Opera House KC
Ranked #216 of 1,595 Restaurants in Kansas City
Reviewed 11 July 2017

The Opera House down by City Market is a fun place to go for breakfast, brunch or lunch. I have not been there for dinner. The food is good, but basic. We usually go there for breakfast. But on weekends the wait is long. They have a coffee bar, and a full service bar for alcoholic drinks. They also have a pastry counter that sells the best macaroons! The atmosphere is what sells the place for me. Sometimes there is live music. Fun place!

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

I had a surprisingly hard time finding coffee shops near Crown Center, so I was thrilled to see this when we up to River Market to visit the Arabia Steamboat Museum.
There is a coffee bar with cookies and treats, and another counter across the room that has a large menu plus display case of baked goodies like cheesecake and macaroons. I didn't make it past the coffee but that was fine with me!
I had an iced Dirty White Boy and Monster cookie..yum!!

Reviewed 23 June 2017

I got a chorizon scramble and it was great. Portion size was perfect, food was good, coffee was phenomenal.

Reviewed 10 June 2017

I was at City Market with a couple of girlfriends and we knew we were going to eat breakfast. We generally go to Cascone's (just a couple of doors down from here) but decided on a whim to try Opera House. We are so glad we did!

The ambience is very eclectic and fits right in with the young, hip, millennial downtown crowd. Menus are posted outside which was great. There is also outdoor seating if it is not too hot.

We thought the prices were kinda high for the amount of food we got. I ordered a veggie omelet that was supposed to be made of 3 eggs and filled with mushrooms, spinach, onions and green peppers. The size of the omelet was about the size of a dollar bill which was surprisingly small. It also came with a side of fresh fruit or potatoes.

You place your order at the back window and the food is brought out to you. There is also a coffee bar area and a small glass covered container with sweets like cupcakes and cheesecake slices.

Plenty of indoor seating and lots of cool stuff to see inside. The streetcar literally stops outside their door, so it is convenient. We will definitely go back.

Reviewed 27 May 2017

Having visited the City Market and the Steamboat Arabia Museum on a busy holiday Saturday, the rains suddenly came down and we dived into Opera House for lunch. This turned out to be an inspired move. Great atmosphere and very good food, friendly and efficient staff. Rightly popular and we would happily call again.

Date of visit: May 2017