“Yum!!! Bonus That Menu Has Plenty of Gluten-Free or Vegan Fare”
Review of Succotash

Succotash
Ranked #48 of 1,558 Restaurants in Kansas City
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 21 April 2018

I fell in love with this little gem a few years ago, and it is still my favorite breakfast spot.
The wait can be long for weekend brunch, but I assure you it is worth it. They make by far the best gluten-free blueberry pancakes in the entire world, hands-down. I've asked for the recipe only to be told that they use a multitude of flours and the recipe is not going to be shared and they have no plans to offer it in a mix to be purchased. Oh darn, I'll have to keep coming back! Their fresh juices are really awesome too. I love the vibe, it feels like a creative group of art and culinary students got together to have fun and make a space for their friends to hang out and eat delicious food and now we get to be included.

1  Thank Mom2All_Girls

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Excellent food and creative menu. Long wait even with cold weather on Sunday morning. If you don’t like to wait, try to be there early ( opening time).

1  Thank Assem F
Reviewed 10 April 2018

In town for a weekend, we awoke on Saturday morning and headed to breakfast at Succotash, just a bit north of our hotel and on the way to the downtown activities we had planned. We really enjoyed Succotash and it completely confounded our expectations of what we would find culturally in KC. Succotash offers locally sourced fare and many vegan offerings, but in a casual, comfortable, Bohemian atmosphere rather than one of pretentious political correctness. Succotash feels like an old, worn-in, comfortable pair of jeans, and it was filled with a young, hip crowd.

I started with a fabulous Rosemary Caramel Latte ($4). While I have had caramel with coffee before, I would never have thought of rosemary, but it works. My wife ordered a freshly pressed orange juice ($3), which left her with no doubts that it had indeed just been squeezed, before moving on to .her customary hot tea ($2). My wife’s Swedish Pancakes ($10) were served filled with sumptuous lingonberries, and came with two eggs and a thick-cut slice of bacon. The eggs come from a local Amish farm and the bacon is sourced from Iowa. My Slow Roasted Pork Hash ($12) came with two equally fresh eggs as well as black beans, cheddar cheese, salsa verde and pico de gallo, a sort of deconstructed breakfast burrito that was as satisfyingly filling as it was delicious. Our bill for two totaled $34.25 plus tip, and my wife in particular was sure that this would be our regular breakfast spot if we lived in KC. She would get no complaints from me.

3  Thank DMartin216
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

9 of us went for breakfast. The restaurant is not five star atmosphere. But the service and food were. They specialize in wraps and breakfast specialties. The fried potatoes are seasoned slightly and fried crispy.
Our next visit to Kansas city will include a breakfast here.

2  Thank Bill M
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

There are many interesting food options, although the menu is heavy on cheese. The decorating is whimsical & charming. It's worth just looking around. Our service was excellent as well.

1  Thank Roy H