“Veal Parm is awesome!”

Garozzo's Ristorante
Ranked #8 of 1,508 Restaurants in Kansas City
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Missouri & Harrison
Transit: KC Metro
Reviewed 23 March 2016

Our favorite special occasion place. The servers are some of the best we have experienced. Garlic dipping sauce is a must. I love the veal parm, while my wife loves the chicken spiedini,

Reviewed 8 March 2016

Definitely worth the stop. Highly recommend the Spedini Georgio - best Spedini anywhere. Atmosphere is that of quaint charm, followed up with friendly service.

Reviewed 7 March 2016

The food was fantastic. Large portions and reasonably priced. The atmosphere was very relaxing. Wait staff very attentive. A must go place when in Kansas City

Reviewed 4 March 2016

Back in my 20's, I went to an Italian Restaurant on The Hill in St. Louis. I don't remember which one, but do I remember focusing on trying to keep my napkin in my lap, and my elbows off the table. Towards the end of the meal a classic Italian matron came up, squeezed my shoulders and told me to use the bread to soak up all the sauces. It was the first time I was given permission, nay - encouraged, to love my food and enjoy it to the fullest.

As far as I know, Garozzo's is the only KC restaurant where the family comes from The Hill in St. Louis, and it has that feeling - like I'm allowed to enjoy my food. Example: My husband and I ordered the stuffed artichoke, which I adore. But pulling it apart is messy. Some wonderful young woman (not our waiter) offered to take ours back in the kitchen and cut it apart. YOU MUST ASK FOR THIS!!! So much easier to get at the heart, and you can then soak up all the yummy stuff with the bread! We also ordered the calamari, which came with white and red sauces for dipping. On top of the generous appetizers and bread, we both ordered full lunches with salads so we could have take home for the kids, and we had plenty. My husband ordered a ravioli dish that came with a brown mushroom sauce instead of the usual red or white sauce, which was interesting and delicious. Our waiter was just great.

Reviewed 2 March 2016

Definitely make a stop to Garozzo's, you won't be disappointed. The food and ambiance are awesome. We visited with a large table and had quite a variety of foods, everyone was very satisfied all the way from the bread and olive oil to the desserts and coffee.