“Amazing food Amazing service ”
Review of Cafe Gratitude

Cafe Gratitude
Ranked #8 of 1,558 Restaurants in Kansas City
Price range: US$10 - US$13
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

The food was delicious and the service was warm and friendly. They were happy to make substitutions, though I didn't end up needing any. The Warm Hearted is delicious! I think everyone would enjoy, not just vegans. I got a turmeric latte that was good but I think an acquired taste. It looks like eggnog, but is not. :) I will return here whenever in Kansas City. I am grateful for wonderful plant-based food!

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Love this place!!! Beautiful food beautiful people. Great food and service. Staff is very helpful explaining the menu for first time visitors... or if you don't know what something is.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

I am not a vegetarian so it is always nice to venture out from my dedicated meat eating habits. This restaurant is pretty hard to spot as it is very non-descript on the outside with very understated signage and virtually no parking on the street. There is a parking garage a couple of blocks to the north and they will validate your parking ticket so it is free. I wonder how many people know of that service but ask your wait staff if you parked in the paid parking garage and they will give you your ticket at the table.

This is a quirky spot - you order from the varied and interesting menu by name so when they deliver it to you they will ask "who is humble" and so on (one of the dishes is named "I am humble") which is fun. The service is very friendly and attentive and delivered in a light hearted way also. So it is vegetarian and its naturally cosmopolitan feel therefore greatly appeals to a bleeding heart progressive like me.

The food was outstanding. I chose very well for me, a dish called "Yo soy feliz" and it did indeed make me very happy being a thai based meal of perfect size, seasoning and spiciness with varied textures from crunchy to crispy to soft and creamy, it was excellent indeed and I heartily recommend it. The price is very reasonable too especially when you consider the quality. There were a number of dishes unavailable this night which is disappointing but I expect it is due to the freshness and seasonal availability (or daily availability or lack thereof) that causes this.

The dining room is long and quite thin and it was busy this Monday night but still, the ceilings are high and unfinished which seems to absorb the noise but quietly spoken diners may still find it hard to make themselves heard. There are philosophical quotes around the dining wall and it all makes for a very pleasant ambiance. I hope this place does well, it looks as though it is doing so, as there need to be more eateries like this everywhere, perhaps especially in KC. I very much recommend it even if you are not a dedicated vegetarian or vegan, there is plenty to enjoy here.

1  Thank jerryskc
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

This place is wonderful for omnivores looking to try out a plant based meal every once in a while, as well as die hard vegans. I've never had a meal here that wasn't great. It can get pricey by the end, but always worth it. They even have an amazing bar with organic, vegan wines, beers, and cocktails. It can get crowded during peak times, so expect a wait. The majority of the menu can be made gluten free, and the staff is very allergen-knowledgeable. Parking can be scarce. Desserts are gluten free!

Reviewed 16 August 2017

We were looking for someplace different while traveling thru KC and found this place.It was a good experience they have a great menu of vegan items plus drinks and smoothies. Next time in KC will go back.