“😍”

Jose Pepper's
Ranked #282 of 1,558 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

We love Jose Pepper's ! We have never had a bad meal there and the restaurant is big enough you often don't have to wait. My husbands favorite is the Pollo Magnifico and mine is the cheese crisp salad. They never disappoint. Of course as others have said the cheese dip is also amazing. Wait staff can be incredible or mediocre. It seems like they employ a lot of people because we have never had the same waiter twice.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

The wife and I received a gift card for this place so we decided to give it a try. We made the trip from Independence. Made or trip about 630 on a Tuesday evening. We were greeted immediately and sat in the large dining area behind the hostess station. We were meet soon after by our server. She was very nice. We ordered our drinks and food. The drinks came quickly as we ordered a Margarita for her and a beer for me. The wife didn't much care for her Margarita.. I tasted it as well and it didn't taste right. Very dry tasting like it had Gin or Vermouth added to it. We didn't know if that was the norm or not so we didn't complain or ask for a different drink. The food arrived very quickly.. we were pleasantly surprised. My wife got one o the burritos and I got the Nacho oridanary Chimi. Both were very good. Came.out hot and fresh. We did receive chips and salsa before our meal. The salsa is made with a lot of cilantro and was not to.oir liking. We would have rated this place a 5 if it we're not for the salsa and the margarita. We will probably return at some point .. The things we mentioned we did not like may just be us and others may be just fine with those flavors but were not to our liking. Great service clean restaurant and our entrees were good! Always tip for the service! We took care of our server on the price before the gift card!! Rule of thumb!

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

We used to be regulars although we live in Kearney. But we decided to drop in for an early meal last week. We always like the bar area so we went straight there.

First, we both felt the Margaritas did not taste as good as we remembered. Then we ordered the Espinaca and chips. They were good as always. The we wanted to split the Monterey Chicken Burrito special and the sever suggested a kitchen split which we did. When our order came it was extremely hot. It appeared that the meal on the plate was nuked. Therefore our tortilla was very chewy. Then the final bow was when I left $20 for the $18+ meal the server said thank you, come back and never asked if I wanted change, which I did. I was going to tip more than $1 plus change. The bottom line to this review is we were disappointed in their Margaritas, the meal, and service. Not what we used to remember from Jose Peppers.

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

The food was great I had the Fajita del trio. I like the Bacon wrapped shrimp dipped in the habanero sauce.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

Sometimes chicken can be overcooked, dry and tough. This was none of that, tender, juicy, and flavorful. Not to mention a good size portion. Lots of grilled onion, a nice grilled half jalapeno. I thought the Mexican rice was weak, but guac was nice, and I enjoyed the bowl of beans. Complementary starting salsa and chips was good too. Beer choices and service good.