“Only the price was good today.......and the cheese dip.”
Review of Jose Pepper's

Jose Pepper's
Ranked #281 of 1,558 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

We used to be regulars although we live in Kearney. But we decided to drop in for an early meal last week. We always like the bar area so we went straight there.

First, we both felt the Margaritas did not taste as good as we remembered. Then we ordered the Espinaca and chips. They were good as always. The we wanted to split the Monterey Chicken Burrito special and the sever suggested a kitchen split which we did. When our order came it was extremely hot. It appeared that the meal on the plate was nuked. Therefore our tortilla was very chewy. Then the final bow was when I left $20 for the $18+ meal the server said thank you, come back and never asked if I wanted change, which I did. I was going to tip more than $1 plus change. The bottom line to this review is we were disappointed in their Margaritas, the meal, and service. Not what we used to remember from Jose Peppers.

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

The food was great I had the Fajita del trio. I like the Bacon wrapped shrimp dipped in the habanero sauce.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

Sometimes chicken can be overcooked, dry and tough. This was none of that, tender, juicy, and flavorful. Not to mention a good size portion. Lots of grilled onion, a nice grilled half jalapeno. I thought the Mexican rice was weak, but guac was nice, and I enjoyed the bowl of beans. Complementary starting salsa and chips was good too. Beer choices and service good.

Reviewed 5 June 2017

Jose Pepper's favorite local place to eat. Love everything about this place great service, outdoor patio dining, best chips and salsa in town. My wife and I share the steak fajitas wow so good. Steak is tender with great flavor and with a cold beer and all you can eat chips and salsa we only spend about $26.00 tip and all on a fantastic meal. Great place to come for lunch and eat on the patio before it gets to hot. Always look forward to going back.

Reviewed 31 March 2017

Jose Pepper's a one of those places that positions itself as a Mexican/Southwestern restaurant but about which very little is actually authentic. The food is very American, but that's not a bad thing for a quick bite to eat.

The chips and (free with a coupon) espinaca dip are really good and a family favorite. The Monterrey burrito is my go-to when I visit as it's covered with the espinaca dip. The margaritas may not be world class but considering the house drinks are two for $8.00 it's an affordable choice.

My biggest complaint with Jose Pepper's is that the food is actually served *too hot*. I normally see complaints about cold food in reviews, but at JP's you'll have the luxury of staring at your plate for 10 minutes after you've been served since it was placed in a kiln before presentation. Inevitably your kind server will come by three times before you've had your first bite to make sure you're enjoying your food but at least you can ask them to get another drink while you wait to dive in.

All-in-all Jose Pepper's is an enjoyable place for a meal, and sometimes that's all you really need!