“My go to place in Liberty”
Review of Jose Pepper's

Jose Pepper's
Ranked #263 of 1,469 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 5 June 2017

Jose Pepper's favorite local place to eat. Love everything about this place great service, outdoor patio dining, best chips and salsa in town. My wife and I share the steak fajitas wow so good. Steak is tender with great flavor and with a cold beer and all you can eat chips and salsa we only spend about $26.00 tip and all on a fantastic meal. Great place to come for lunch and eat on the patio before it gets to hot. Always look forward to going back.

Reviewed 31 March 2017

Jose Pepper's a one of those places that positions itself as a Mexican/Southwestern restaurant but about which very little is actually authentic. The food is very American, but that's not a bad thing for a quick bite to eat.

The chips and (free with a coupon) espinaca dip are really good and a family favorite. The Monterrey burrito is my go-to when I visit as it's covered with the espinaca dip. The margaritas may not be world class but considering the house drinks are two for $8.00 it's an affordable choice.

My biggest complaint with Jose Pepper's is that the food is actually served *too hot*. I normally see complaints about cold food in reviews, but at JP's you'll have the luxury of staring at your plate for 10 minutes after you've been served since it was placed in a kiln before presentation. Inevitably your kind server will come by three times before you've had your first bite to make sure you're enjoying your food but at least you can ask them to get another drink while you wait to dive in.

All-in-all Jose Pepper's is an enjoyable place for a meal, and sometimes that's all you really need!

Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

This is one of family spots. We can all get our belly full of good food and not break the bank! The margaritas are usually pretty good too!

Reviewed 21 December 2016

Of several options for Tex-Mex in or near Liberty, Missouri, Jose Peppers is our top choice. Excellent margaritas at several price points, with one typically on special. I had the "Chicken Del Mar Platter" which was a carefully-grilled large breast of chicken with white cheese sauce that included seafood (small shrimp, etc.). Very good! My spouse had the Chipotle Burrito, and commented about the quality of the preparation. Very good service from the bar manager in mid-afternoon. This location is often busy, with short waits --but worth it!

Reviewed 8 December 2016 via mobile

Out of all the restaurants in Liberty/KC to choose from, we chose Jose Peppers. The waitress was prompt. My wife ordered and told her "no cilantro". When the food arrived, her plate had cilantro on it. Not a big deal but if you want to be competitive in that area, you might want to learn how to be more attentive. That is all.