1,083 results
All reviews country club plaza free underground parking great location within walking distance free breakfast nice hotel breakfast staff indoor pool shopping and restaurants hotel is located front desk staff a great place to stay the breakfast area definitely stay here again business trip oatmeal nice stay
Reviewed 17 February 2016 via mobile

We visit Kansas City very often to see family. I was hoping this would be our perfect hotel for a small family but we are still on the hunt. We recently stayed here for three nights. Things we liked: very nice looking hotel, great bedding, good location, adequate free parking, fair price.
Things we didn't like: No fridge! No hot tub! Pool towels were tiny. Shower only (no tub) in king bed rooms. We stayed with our baby and not having a tub makes things a bit trickier. Breakfast was hit or miss. We called and asked for an hour early check in and were told they couldn't really help with that. All in all, this hotel was nice but is lacking amenities we need for family travel.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Christina R, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Kansas City Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2016

Greetings, Jordan E
We would love your hunt to stop and become your KC go-to hotel! While our rooms do not include microwaves and refrigerators, those are included in the 44 suites we have at the hotel (which all have tubs with the exception of our shower-accessible suites). The hotel can also deliver those items to your guest room during your next stay if you prefer a room over a suite. If you have time and desire, I welcome a call to discuss your breakfast experience. As we have an increased offering over the items required of us by Hampton, I welcome additional feedback to best satisfy our guests.
Looking forward to speaking, and seeing you with us again!

Reviewed 14 February 2016 via mobile

I enjoyed my weekend at the hotel up until the last night. Whoever the woman is who works the front desk at night came off as rude and condescending. I was at the suite shop looking for a late night snack and she walks in behind me, didn't speak, acknowledge my presence, or bother to see if I needed help with anything. I brushed it off maybe she was busy, but I also had a question. So I walked to the desk and she asked if she could help me. I had a question about having a late checkout the way she started her answer "First of all night shift doesn't authorize late checkout" I don't know where she learned customer service, but that is NOT how you talk to people, furthermore she said it as if I was supposed to know that. She continued with "you need to speak to the morning shift between 6-10" I was completely taken aback, I felt like she was talking to me like a child and I didn't appreciate it. Every other staff member I encountered was so pleasant, friendly, and welcoming but her. Had she been at the front desk when I arrived I wouldn't have stayed. I honestly feel like since there were band auditions and a lot of students were in the hotel that perhaps she thought I was one. Which is also sad because that would mean she was rude to someone's child and that is unacceptable as well. However, that aside I did have a great stay just wish the bathroom in the junior suite was a little bigger
P.S. I loved Harriet and the guy on shift with her can't remember his name(sorry) but they always spoke as if they knew me personally and I appreciated that!

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank MsEbony26

Good morning, MsEbony26
I am happy to read you enjoyed most of your stay with us, thank you for being our guest! Should you have time and desire I would love to learn a little more about your staff interaction. We were blessed to have so many young and talented students with us over the weekend, they were a joy to have; no matter the reason for travel to our hotel our goal is to provide the best possible experience for every guest, every stay. Thank you for your comments on all of our team, I will certainly share with the group!

Reviewed 13 February 2016

Except for minor issues like a squeaking bed frame and noisy toilet, the rooms are OK and rates are just about right. The complimentary breakfast is average and may be they can put in more choices. The toilet in our room did not have an exhaust fan which can lead to foul air just in case something goes wrong with the toilet.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Greetings, Eduardo! Thank you for being with us and sharing your experience with fellow tripadvisor travelers. We have had the pleasure of interacting via email, thank you for giving us the opportunity to discuss in more detail. We appreciate you selecting our hotel while in Kansas City, and we hope to see you back soon!@

Reviewed 8 February 2016

The location of this hotel is great. The Country Club Plaza is wonderful. The lobby is nice, the pool was clean, the staff was helpful. The room was okay, if a bit dated. However, the single most important thing at any hotel can provide is a bed that you can actually sleep on.

I stayed in room 919, so I can't say if all of the rooms are this way, but this was the most uncomfortable bed I've ever attempted to sleep on. I say attempted because my wife and I got next to no sleep at all that night. The mattress was about 6 inches thick and felt like the $99 mattress that I had when I was in college. To top it off, every time either of us moved the bed frame squeaked, which woke us up and started the whole process of falling back to sleep all over again.

To make a long story short, if the beds were better it would have been a great place to stay. As it is I would either recommend drinking heavily so you fall right to sleep or find a different hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Christina R, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Kansas City Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2016

Hello, jpob723
I appreciate you sharing your experience at our hotel, thank you for taking the time to do that. We are inspecting the mattress, box spring this morning as all of our mattresses and box springs are those required of Hampton Hotels and found in each of our hotels. My apologies it was not comfortable for you, and I assure you we will take action as needed. I am glad you enjoyed the pool and staff interactions!

Reviewed 8 February 2016

Having spent 30 nights at this hotel in the last 2 months, I'd say I'm pretty well qualified to offer the following: The Hampton Inn and Suites offers a comfortable night's stay, delicious breakfast, and professional, courteous service on a consistent basis. Definitely a place to come back to!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Lisa B,
So pleased to have you and your fellow travelers with us for your project in Kansas City! It is a pleasure being your Kansas City home, so thank you for personally selecting our hotel. If there is anything you need or suggestions you have, please feel free to ask for me at the front desk, or call me from your room at ext. 4620.
Have a great day,