“Good w/ the right expectations”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex
Ranked #57 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 4 November 2010

I had read all the tripadvisor reviews before booking and they seemed to go w/ a wide range of responses. Frankly, I liked my stay but nothing outstanding.

GPS to hotel worked great but the prior search engine directions to the hotel were off because there are so many Blue, East Blue, Blue Ridge Parkways etc. Little suprising as you come over a hill and sure enough the hotel comes up quickly on the right of Route 350.

Very nice, new appearnace from the outside. Great check-in, very friendly lady manning the front desk and clean, well lit and comfortable lobby. Small elevator but the hotel was not nearly full on a Monday night so it was OK. While it's a fairly busy area, you absolutely need a car to stay here, get to resaturants and @KC. Plenty of parking and well-lit.

Room w/ a king bed was large, bathroom big and clean, nice toiletries bnut nothing fancy. A somewhat odd observation but there could not have been more than 6 cars in the parking lot but at least 4 of us were on the same floor, in 4 adjacent rooms and the hotel , while new, does not seem that well sound proofed. Could hear the neighbors fairly well.

Breakfast was fresh, plentiful, they have a TV in the breakfast room and USA Today's and the lady serving was very helpful and the room was very clean.

Shower was hot in the morning but the drain sticks in the up position and the water did not drain (I believe the maid must have had a tactic). The TV did not turn on w/ the remote but did work w/ both volume and changing channels. I used their lobby PC and printer for my flight check-in and it worked great.

Price was right for the room, restauarnts @ it including Applebee's (don't bother going) were an OK choice but you had to drive.Second night I stumbled on a GREAT Mexican resturant, Los Compas about a mile down 350 on the right in a strip mall and it was great, fresh, apparently family run and it was my bext meal in KC.

I liked the stay but it's a little underwhelming a hotel. For the value it is good.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank MysticKid

Reviewed 1 November 2010

From the outside, this hotel looked very nice. The price was great compared to other hotels in the area. But overall, we were unimpressed with this hotel. We could hear people walking around above us and in the hallway all night long. We slept terribly. There was a wasp flying in the room the following morning. We contacted their manager, but she never returned our phone call. We will be paying the extra money from now on to stay at the Drury. You get what you pay for in this instance...

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank semchargue
Reviewed 24 October 2010

Unbelievable hotel. Stilled smelled new. The staff was great, rooms were fantastic, we had a suite, and with 2 small children, all the extra room was amazing. Breakfast the next morning was excellent. The only problem we had was finding the hotel, and that was my fault, but I made a Phone call to the hotel, and the sales manager "Jimmy" guided us there without any further incidents, and he sounded very happy to do it. The staff all seemed very eager to make our stay fun and relaxing. They even went and found snacks for my children, and bottled water for my wife and I. later that evening we enjoyed the pool, and it was clean and not overchlorinated like most hotel pool. I just cannot say enough about our experience there. Thank you for a wonderful time!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2010

selected this new hotel for 1 night family trip to Kansas City... basic & clean room...

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2010

We started looking to stay at this hotel last September when it was supposed to open. On our monthly visit to see our grandchildren we would always check. I believe it was
opened several months ago and I can assure you it will not last another five years. The
construction was something to see. Walls with cracks from floor to ceiling, uneven floors, and the swimming pool ceiling vents were constantly leaking. The canopy we viewed from our window(broken) on first floor and the roof part was already detached.
I will give the staff good scores for being very helpful, but I can't say I will stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
5.6 km away
WoodSpring Suites Kansas City Stadium
33.3 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex

Address: 8551 E State Route 350, Kansas City, MO 64133-4730
Region: United States > Missouri > Kansas City
Ranked #57 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Price Range: €98 - €218 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex 2.5*
The newest addition to Kansas City, is the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex! We are conveniently located near the Kansas City Sports complex, home of the Chiefs and Royals. Chill out in downtown Kansas City just a short drive from our front door. With our world class service and many Kansas City restaurants and attractions just moments from our front door, you ll discover why our guests have selected us as their preferred hotel in Kansas City! This state-of-the-art hotel features special in room amenities such as free high-speed Internet access, microwave and refrigerators in all rooms, 32 flat panel LCD TV and free local calls. Whether you are staying with us for business or pleasure, take time to relax and enjoy our swimming pool, business center, wireless Internet access in all public areas and fitness center. Points of Interests Attractions: Kauffman Stadium, home to the Kansas City Royals and Arrowhead Stadium, home to the Kansas City Chiefs. Businesses: GE Energy, Unilever Best Foods, Time Warner, Bayer Corporation, Ford Motor Company, & Cerner Corporation. Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Kansas City Sports Complex ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Kansas City Sports Complex