1,814 results
All reviews concierge floor craig walter reuben front desk christmas lights club level lobby bar the entire staff self parking oak plaza alameda valet balconies conference bellman ballroom
Reviewed 17 July 2017

Let me start with all the things we love, the hotel, the employees, location, beautiful redo,and just feeling like we are home when we stay here!!!
This past weekend was a bit frustrating. We had a concierge level suite with view booked. When we arrived we were greeted and checked in with the usual great welcome by everyone. Then at check in we were told we were on the 5th floor which is NOT concierge. i replied that I have copy of my reservation stating the concierge level and then looked at our packet which had us in1003 which is perfect, not 5003!!! Then they said the manager gave it to someone else. This at 4 pm when check in starts. Let me say we appreciated being put in the Presidential suite BUT why were we changed from our original because someone else got the suite???? We spend a lot of time and money in this establishment and I am not happy and now wonder when or if this will happen again! let me be clear we love this hotel but it is not the only place to stay so Intercontinental please step up your game before you lose some very good customers who don't and won't accept you trying to pull the wool over us. Thanks for all the good memories and we hope to have many more with you.

Room tip: Plaza views the best!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Julie J
Don B, General Manager at InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Dear Julie J,

First of all, thank you so much for your loyalty to this hotel over the years. We value and appreciate your patronage greatly. Our staff throughout all areas of the hotel loves seeing you all so regularly.

Every effort is always made to honor reservation requests. There are only three concierge level view suites and at times, circumstances may arise that cause one of these suites not to be available. An example would be an in-house guest extending their stay. When this occurs, the alternative is to provide a view suite on another floor. Although the floor may be different, the suite, the amenities and the perks are identical to the view suites on the concierge level.

In this particular occasion, the hotel's Presidential Suite was provided to you at the same rate as the concierge level view suite. We're glad you enjoyed it! It really is very special space.

Please do accept my sincerest apologies for the fact a view suite on the concierge level was not available for you. This was not intentional and we always hate to disappoint any guest, but most certainly you and your husband. Again, we are happy to learn you liked the Presidential Suite.

Please know we will continue to make every effort to always have your reserved room or suite available. Whenever I may be of assistance in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Our entire team looks forward to welcoming you back soon!

dbreckenridge@kansascityic.com

Reviewed 16 July 2017

Great room - very nice, restful and cool view of downtown Kansas City. Good parking and very helpful staff. Rooms are modern and clean. Pool area is great. My only improvement would be the coffee isn't free and Starbucks is a mini shop with very little barista experience, but the will get better with practice.

Room tip: great rates
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Carstin J,

Thank you for letting us know you enjoyed your modern and clean room, the amazing view, the convenient and covered parking and our very popular outdoor pool. The Barista who served you has already gotten better with additional time in this role!

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 15 July 2017

The location is walking distance to great shopping and dining. The hotel has just been renovated and it is beautiful. The rooms are cleaned late evenings. Face clothes are in the rooms if requested. Inconsistency with replenishing items such as toilet paper, coffee etc. Pillows and dirty bed linen left on the floor after the room was cleaned.
A step on the pool ladder cut the hand of a person in our group. The cut was as if a razor cut across two fingers. The manager was notified immediately of a danger to other guest. The ladder continued to be used without a sign or being blocked. This was of great concern.
The banquet food service was professional. yet a smile would have went a long way. The food presentation was beautiful and delicious.
Great Hotel that is under staffed. .

Room tip: Pool view is pleasant
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank kathysH5886CQ

Dear kathysH5886CQ,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback.

It's great to hear you enjoyed our location in the heart of the Country Club Plaza, the beautiful results from the renovation completed in May and the quality, taste and presentation of food items.

Your comments have been shared with our Director of Housekeeping for appropriate follow-up with our housekeeping team. Please accept my apologies for the missed details.

We appreciate you bringing to our attention while you were here that the pool step seemed dangerous. A temporary step was added as a replacement and permanent new steps will be installed this week.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 14 July 2017

very nicely maintained property located just across from the Plaza, so there is always something to do. Rooms are very clean, service friendly, beds comfortable, little details were taken care of like 4 bath towels per room - is that so hard?!? Fun place to stay, and with the easy access to the Plaza, makes this stay extra entertaining. Live music was a nice touch late at night when we returned to the hotel. Stayed here for a wedding with tons of friends and they completely accommodated our larger group. Just a great place to stay!

Room tip: ask for Plaza view
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Chris56693,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor and for awarding the hotel a 5-star rating!

We appreciate you letting us know you enjoyed all aspects of your stay along with our teams attention to detail and welcoming nature.

Please stay with us again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

A total ripoff and not worth the price, they dont even have free wifi. THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I'VE EVER EXPERIENCED. I booked a room Monday - Friday a few weeks in advance. Then on Monday my flight got cancelled and couldnt get rescheduled until Wednesday. I called the hotel Monday and spoke to Shelby who told me that because my flight was cancelled they would refund my original reservation and that I should make a new one for just Wednesday-Friday. I made it on wednesday and stayed until friday. The room was decent but there are no floor length mirrors anywhere. Then a week later I discovered that they charged me for both the original Monday-Friday reservation as well as the Wednesday-Friday one. When I called to correct this Shelby was not in so I was asked to leave a message and was told she'd call me back. She never did. I called again two days later and was on hold for nearly 20 mins. I gave her my information and she told me she had to speak to her boss who was not currently in. She was then supposed to call me back. She never did. I called again and yet again shelby wasn't in. I spoke to another man who told me that my refund should be in within 4 days. Finally 5 days later I got a message from shelby telling me they refunded me $637 but are witholding $40 for parking. I NEVER PARKED THERE and the $637 was for my second shorter reservation not my first. So I CALLED AGAIN and spoke to shelby. This time (3 weeks after the fact) she informed me she needed my cancelled flight information. I forwarded her an email with that info. The next day i got an email back from her saying she could no longer refund me. I then called guest services 4 TIMES AND NO ONE ONCE ANSWERED THE PHONE. I finally got a hold of the manager who was useless in helping me. He then connected me to Corporate where I spoke to someone for 3 minutes before the phone line dropped. THE HOTEL WENT BACK ON A PROMISED REFUND and it took me countless phone calls and 3 weeks of waiting for them to give me that answer. I will never return. I lost $600 because of this. If a business makes a commitment they should honor it even if it was an employees mistake. I shake with anger just thinking about this experience

Room tip: bad service, rip-off, no free wifi
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Megan M
Don B, General Manager at InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Dear Megan M,

Thank you for your feedback and we regret you felt resolving your request was difficult.

When your reservation was made, the advance purchase option was selected, which is the lowest rate available as the reservation may not be cancelled and changes are not allowed. It is non-refundable for any reason. These stipulations are outlined and accepted by the guest before the reservation is made. The charge for the entire reservation is posted at the time the reservation is made. We understand these requirements are not the best option for every guest, but for guests who agree not to make changes for any reason, it is the way to receive the lowest rate. You were unable to make first two nights of the reservation due to the flight being cancelled. You did stay for the last two nights of the reservation. Unfortunately and due to our mistake, the associate who checked you in was not aware the charge had already been posted for all four nights of the reservation. As a result, an additional charge for two nights was posted. Please accept my apologies for our mistake.

We also regret the communication issue with Shelby and you after you notified the hotel of the additional posting for two nights and $36 for parking. Shelby said she did not promise or guarantee a refund and explained that she would have to see if it was possible to provide a refund since it was an advance purchase reservation. Because it was, she later explained that the first two nights of the reservation indeed could not be refunded. Shelby did immediately refund the $677 for the additional two night posting and parking. You later contacted Shelby to explain the refund was less than you expected and again requested that the first two nights of the advance purchase reservation be refunded. Shelby reiterated that a refund was not possible due to the reservation being an advance purchase. In total, Shelby spoke with you four times in an effort to resolve this.

Once again, I do apologize for the mistake we made.