“Favorite spot for lunch”
Review of You Say Tomato

You Say Tomato
Ranked #93 of 1,558 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

I work in the area and lunch here regularly. Everything tastes home made. The quiches and galette are faves. Many rotating specials keep the menu fresh for regulars. The balsamic vinegar on the side salad is the best. Pies, cakes, muffins ... yum! Again, different varieties every day. If you're lucky enough to be there on grapefruit cake day, splurge!

Only quibble is that it's always slow to get food, even sandwiches. I recommend allowing a full hour for lunch.

Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

The feel in this place is super eclectic and the food is phenomenal. We will continue to make this our regular stop for breakfast when visiting KC.

Reviewed 10 February 2017

We had brunch at this local eatery. I had a ham and egg croissant sandwich which was very good. My husband had the breakfast casserole which he liked. The portions are huge. The pie was ok. The coffee was excellent. Try the You Say Tomato blend if available. This is a small dining room in an old grocery store. They have a lot to offer. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed 19 December 2016

I have been here several times over the last 3 years or so and they NEVER disappoint. The Breakfast Flatbread is an absolute must-try, but don't worry if you'd rather go for their Croissant or perhaps a giant Pecal Wheel, you will be equally pleased. One of my very favorite breakfast places in all of KC.

On my most recent visit I had the BEST muffin in my entire life, no exaggeration. It was Triple Berry and I wanted to marry it.

Reviewed 17 December 2016 via mobile

My kids got great breakfast staples like eggs and toast, french toast, and an egg croissant. My husband and I got what we wanted, fun combos of seasonal local cusine. My favorite was a goat cheese and beet quiche. We also enjoyed the granola atmosphere.