“Dinner in Jeff City”

Madison's Cafe
Price range: US$7 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Madison's offers fine American, Italian and eclectic cuisine, casual, relaxed yet elegant dining in an inviting and welcoming atmosphere. Hand-cut steaks, seafood, appetizers, soup, sandwiches, pasta, desserts, a variety of distinctive, unique and tantalizing signature dishes, extensive Cellared Wine List and hand-crafted cocktails await your enjoyment. Our menu is continually updated, reflecting local, seasonable availability and original, imaginative fare, while also paying respect and homage to classics - combining both modern-creative and traditional styles of cooking. Our Gluten-free Menu, whole wheat and rice penne pasta, and a wide variety of vegetarian fare pleases the most sensitive palate We strive to ensure that each visit to Madison’s is better than your last...where you are the center of our attention. We are proud to be a locally -owned, independent business. Come to Madison's to restore your spirit with family and friends...one delicious bite at a time.
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

We had dinner at Madison's in Jefferson City. I was excited for the visit. The owners were very nice and were active on Facebook messenger with my questions. I could tell they were looking forward to our visit. We arrived and it was cozy and busy. We were seated right away and had a very nice server. She was friendly and informative. We had a delicious sampling of bread and butter/oil. Husband ordered the tortellini and I decided on the lobster mac & cheese. My husband's dish was incredibly delicious. It was flavorful and the pasta was tender. I was disappointed with my lobster mac and cheese. The lobster was nice and the pasta was cooked perfectly...but my complaint was the sauce. It was way too spicy. Nowhere in the description did it mention the sauce was spicy. I just expected a simple cheese sauce that is normally is prepared for macaroni and cheese. I am not for sure if this was a preparation error or if that is how it is really served. You can see in the photo it is darker due to the spice. I would not have ordered it if I would have known since I cannot do too much spice. I would suggest mentioning it in the menu. Other than my dish, we really did enjoy our visit. Our service was fantastic. I would give them another try with a different menu item. Thank you.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 17 September 2018

LOVED this place! Great food, nice atmosphere, friendly staff.

Very good menu with lots of choices. But I was hankering a burger and, upon recommendation, swapped in the provel cheese. Yum!!!

Appropriately priced and nicely located downtown.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank Ed S
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Madison’s has so many choices to choose from. You can’t go wrong with anything on the menu. I love the house salad!!! It’s a great place to celebrate a birthday, graduation, or just to get together with friends and family.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank Midmotravel
Reviewed 1 September 2018

This is one of our favorite places to visit when in the area. Their lasagna is one of their signature dishes and one of our favorites. Great service.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 31 August 2018

I raveled back thru Jefferson City again this week and made my usual stop at Madison's. Still ordering the same thing and it doesn't disappoint. House salad an tortellini. I'm always so full when I leave but thanks to the wonderful service given by Sarah, I had enough to take for another meal. I appreciate everything you do to make this a special place!

Date of visit: August 2018